• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create the creative cloud files folder.

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message when I try to sync files to Creative Cloud folder:

creative_cloud_problem.jpg

I have tried the options, and to close the program and restart the computer, but no luck.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

I have got the same issue. SOLVED

Looking at the CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log lines, I remarked messages about .db corruption in the CoreSync directory.

I solved renaming

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

into

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync.old

Before to rename you have to be sure that the Creative Cloud application is not running.

So,  unset the option 'Start at login' in the preferences, then longin again.

After login, rename, and then start the Creative Cloud Application

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is an open forum, not Adobe support... you need to contact Adobe staff to help

Adobe contact information - http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

-Select your product and what you need help with

-Click on the blue box "Still need help? Contact us"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This looks like Creative Cloud is unable to create the Creative Cloud folder is your user home folder, are you certain that this location is 100% writable? there are no permissions stopping programs writing to this location?, its unusual that your Creative Cloud folder is missing, you must have manually moved or deleted it.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
After the latest Creative Cloud Update (Version 2.1.3.121 released on 7/7/2015) I got the same issue. Everything was working fine before but the update completely broke file synchronization. The folder permissions didn't change so I suggest there is a bug in the software... Any thoughts??

Kind regards,
Helmut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helmut,

Could you send us your log files so that we can investigate further? Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and send it to me at syncforum-communication@adobe.com.

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... the latest update auto installed itself today on my laptop, too. AND: I get the same error there!! Shall I send you the log files from my laptop as well?
Kind regards,
Helmut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helmut,

yes sending in those extra log files would be a great help.

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update, we are experiencing the same exact problem. I have checked permissions for the folders. I even gave all levels of users full control to the folders in the security settings. This is on Windows 7. We're in the middle of a big project with several collaborators and have been relying on the Cloud quite a bit. Thankfully we also have a nice big DropBox account. I'll send in a support request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi branfordtv,

It would be great to get some more info, are you able to send us your log files as per Ben's reply to Helmut?

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent along a zip file with the contents of the coresync folder to Ben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finding the Coresync app data under the user account got me thinking. So I logged in using another user login that did not have the CC desktop app installed yet. I installed the desktop app and changed the creative cloud folder location to the one we've been using. And now it is syncing. But only using that other user. It's not ideal, but I'll deal with that for now since I don't work with the other users in real time. So I can sync my work using this user when I'm done working on it each day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have got the same issue. SOLVED

Looking at the CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log lines, I remarked messages about .db corruption in the CoreSync directory.

I solved renaming

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

into

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync.old

Before to rename you have to be sure that the Creative Cloud application is not running.

So,  unset the option 'Start at login' in the preferences, then longin again.

After login, rename, and then start the Creative Cloud Application manually.

The application creates a new CoreSync directory and it begins synchronizing !!!

If this work for you too, then you can remove safely the CoreSync.old directory.

Ivano.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Window 8.1

Creative Cloud version 2.1.3.121

Photoshop CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines