This conversation has been locked.

Unable to get file sync to work

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having trouble switching on File Sync, which means I've not been able to download anything from the Market. When I select 'Turn on File Sync' it just seems to think about it, then do nothing. Then when I go to preferences, it says file sync is off. I can't see an Adobe Files folder on my hard drive either. Help!

For those experiencing these symptoms:

• Adobe Creative Cloud is installed and runs, but the Files panel shows a generic 'welcome' screen.
  • If you have not synced files before, you may be missing the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder in your user's home folder.
  • If you have previously synced some files, changes are not synced from the desktop to the cloud or vice versa.

Please try the following workaround:

MAC

1. Quit the Creative Cloud desktop application.

2. In Terminal, copy and paste this command:

rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/CoreSync/options.tix

3. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application and start syncing.

WINDOWS

1. Quit the Creative Cloud desktop application.

2. Open the Start menu, and type 'cmd' in the search box, then enter to start a command prompt.

3. Copy and paste this command at the command prompt:

del %APPDATA%\Adobe\CoreSync\options.tix

4. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application and start syncing.

Kind regards,

Ben

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted the cmd fix....but when I did, it said it couldn't find it O.o

I have my program installations and preferences being directed to my D drive, as my main drive only has enough to run my windows OS. The C drive does have the main stuff however, in my program 86 folder.

Along with the files not even showing up (I just get a spinning wheel that never stops), the website shows I have fonts synced but they are not showing up in my CC app nor in my Adobe programs.

Help?

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deana,

Could you send us your log files so that we can investigate further? Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and send it to me at syncforum-communication@adobe.com.

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'AppData' on Windows is a hidden folder. Please read this page for help on showing this folder:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

To others reading this thread, please note that this thread is very old, and contains out of date information. Deleting options.tix will not resolve any current issue.

If you are experiencing any problems with file sync, please start a new forum thread with a description of what you're trying to do, and what is not working as you would expect it to.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to 2015.2, sync hasn't worked.   I've tried all the solutions on these forums I can find, to no avail   Sync works if I copy a file manually in the Finder to my CC directory in my home folder - it syncs to the cloud, and CC shows it as a Recently Changed File.   But from PP, clicking on Auto Save to CC brings up this window:

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 10.15.08 PM.png

That directory exists, and CC can sync from it.   So I am beyond knowing what to do.   I've uninstalled and reinstalled, etc.

Translate

Translate