• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Load Captivate files to Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several captivate files that that for whatever reason we are unable to upload to creative cloud.  We have tried from both Macs and PCs and receive the same message.  "A virus was detected in Filename. This file will not be uploaded."   They function in every respect in both cp7 and cp8.  We have scanned them with mac and pc virus scanners.  I can remove all the contents of the file and it still fails.

If I copy out all the slides to a new file, the file loads to cc. There is a lot of master template and advanced actions that would be lost if we have to port out the slides. This is not a great solution.  

Can anyone suggest possible causes or remedies?  My hope this there is some resource missing or corrupted in the file structure and that can be repaired.

Thanks for your attention.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on our side. If anyone have a solution, we are thinking this is a creative cloud error. i tried to duplicate a file which has been on creative cloud ever since. The original was uploaded, but the duplicate was tagged by creative cloud with a virus, and was not uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to send me a link to the Captivate files in a direct message?, we can then investigate further for you. I have created an internal bug for this issue. The bug number is 3913864.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warner, I have the same issue with 3 Captivate files not uploading due to a detected virus. I don't know what link I could send you since it doesn't upload at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you also upload the file thats being stopped somewhere for me? and send me a direct msg with the link?, this will help us investigate further. Please also send your log files to me, you can find your log files at...

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Please send upload them to Creative Cloud and send me a link at harress@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warner, I send you a message with a link to the files on our server. Thank you very much for taking the time to address this issue. I have already talked to various customer support folks with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded the log files and the two files that won't sync to my creative Cloud drive in the folder and sent you a public link of the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Angela, I have got your msg and have now attached the log to our internal bug we have open for this issue.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warner,

Is there any update on this issue? I bought a new computer and when I installed the Creative Cloud Drive and synced all Captivate files Now all of my Captivate files are creating a sync error because of "containing a virus". It has become a pretty big problem since I have quite a few .cptx files and none of them sync any longer. Is there any workaround?

Thanks,

Angela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also waiting for a solution, Angela. i tried it on several computers as well with the same virus errors. What's weird is that we are a team of 6, all of us have creative cloud, we work on the same captivate files, but i'm the only one having problems. That's why they suspect that my machine is infected. I ran several scans and checks, but even out IT team can't find anything wrong with my machine.

I hope this gets resolved as soon as possible because we have deadlines and it is too much hassle having my teammates upload my files using their creative cloud account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure that my machine is not infected. Not only have I run several virus programs on the files, I also uploaded many other file types to our Creative Cloud team account and the issue only happens with .cptx files. Therefore, it must be an Adobe Captivate bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Angela and bajie23,

Is the issue only when you try to upload these Captivate files using the Upload command in CC Assets (assets.adobe.com) or are you also unable to copy the files to the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop for them to sync to your cloud account?

Thanks,
Elba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both on upload and on my creative cloud folder. All the old captivate files have a green check, but the new ones i added to the folder will show a red triangle with the exclamation symbol, then a message "Some files failed to sync"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had experienced pretty much the same as bajie23 with my old computer (about 2 weeks ago I changed to a new machine). My old .cptx files also had a green check mark but since I had to transfer all files to the new machine, now all .cptx files failed to sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just a quick update for you, we are currently looking into this issue at a top priority on both client and server side, we hope to have this fixed as soon as possible. I have tested this with the files you and other users provided and I am able to see the issue so the message you are seeing may not mean that your computer is infected, the file is simple being rejected from being uploaded by Creative Cloud because it is detecting something.

I will update new information as soon as I have it as I know you are keen to have this issue fixed.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Warner. I really appreciate you giving us a status update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Some more development today. I have done further testing on this issue and this is certainly to do with Creative Cloud security and anti virus protection, the relevant teams have been made aware of the issue and we hope to have the issue resolved very soon.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warner,

I'm seeing this issue as well, but not related to Captivate files but some Mac file formats. I'll message you separately with some sample files (engineered by Adobe) that CC sync is flagging as having viruses, even though my McAfee virus scanner is not detecting anything. In my case, the error is happening when I drop the files in a folder and am using desktop sync.

Thanks,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christopher,

The Creative Cloud server teams are looking into this issue.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2015 Jan 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warner,

Is there any news on this bug. I am working with a team in Germany and it is really difficult to collaborate since the cptx files are not synching on Creative Cloud. We had to move to SharePoint with our cptx files but everyone is really unhappy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2015 Jan 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, since I have not removed all the files from CC, Creative Cloud keeps trying to sync all of them (and there are quite a few) every few minutes. I can't imagine that this is easy on your servers if a lot of people have this problem. Do you want me to remove the files until I get word that the bug has been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We found the issue with the Adobe Captivate files. The Captivate file supplied was in fact infected with the Swf.Exploit.CVE_2014_0564-2 exploit. This SWF file will need to be removed before Creative Cloud will accept the Captivate file.

I am not sure how this Swf.Exploit.CVE_2014_0564-2 file came to be in your project?

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do we remove this? Our company's Norton Security on this machine is not detecting it, even if i extract the contents of the CPTX file. i hope there is a way to remove it easily, because i have 49 CPTX that are tagged as infected by creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warner,

I do not have any swf files. These are all .cptx files. How do I remove a swf file from a .cptx file? How is this even possible?

By the way, I use Malwarebytes and AVG virus protection and neither reported any viruses in those files. Which virus protection program detects the virus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good point, Angela. We publish all our content on HTML5. Now im confused how a swf issue has infected my cptx files. I researched a little bit about the Swf.Exploit.CVE_2014_0564-2 that Warner mentioned. Google search pointed me to ClamAV to detect the exploit, but still cannot find any issues on my machine or the cptx files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines