Highlighted

Unable to load sync location in CC......

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Basically, user has been having roaming profile sync issues caused by the size of their profile folder (errors about unable to fully sync roaming profile on log off resulting in files they delete re-appearing each time they log off/on). Have attempted to fix this - narrowing it down to two huge folders (downloads which I've sorted) and the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder which is initially set up as part of users profile in 'c:users\<name>\creative cloud files.'

The CC Files folder is 15GB+ in size.

So, followed the advice on this forum to move the folder in Creative Cloud settings:

Create a folder called Creative Cloud Files on your prefered drive

Open Creative Cloud panel

Click Creative Cloud gear icon

Preferences

Top heading, Creative Cloud

Sub heading, Files

Folder location, drop down arrow, click change and browse to the drive containing your Creative Cloud Files folder.

All Done.

Initially, wanted to change the path to our network share but unfortunately it doesn't appear to support locations on a network (only a local drive) so I created the new folder on to the users F: drive which is a separate HDD to the C: drive. This doesn't get synced when user logs off but we  back it up on a regular basis. I copied their files from the old CC files folder on the 'C:' drive over to the new folder on the F: drive and then changed the path in settings in CC to the F: drive (as in instructions above). It then said 'moving the creative cloud files folder' followed shortly afterwards by the following error:-

"Unable to load sync location"

The sync location is currently unavailable

There's also a box that says 'Reload Sync Location'

I click this and an error pops up in the corner saying something like 'Error unable load sync location'

Have tried closing creative cloud and re-opening it - same error. One thing I didn't do (don't know if it matters) was set the 'sync' at the top to 'not sync' prior to changing the path (so it was in the process of syncing when I changed the CC Files folder path)

The F: drive is mounted and available. I can navigate to it in windows explorer and open the new Creative Cloud File folder no problem so I don't understand why it's saying it's unavailable. Worse, I don't seem to be able to change anything back now to the way it was as the sync setting and folder location option with the drop down arrows have all been replaced with this constant error message. The only option I get is the 'Reload Sync Location' box which results in the same error in the bottom right corner.

Help!

TIA

Weirdest thing has just happened.....

Went back to user to advise that I've posted a question on here and am awaiting responses. Anyway, I just asked if it was still doing it so we opened up the creative cloud app again from the system tray to have a look and user clicked on the 'Reload Sync Location' button again (something I'd already done about 5 times this morning without success) - The "Unable to load sync location'" error immediately disappears, another message pops up bottom right saying something like 'you've successfully moved your sync location folder' and it flipped to the 'assets' tab in the cc app showing their content and now has the syncing spinner at the bottom again. So, it looks to have somehow righted itself now. Just need to see if it solves their roaming profile sync error on logging off

Thanks for your time

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to load sync location in CC......

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Basically, user has been having roaming profile sync issues caused by the size of their profile folder (errors about unable to fully sync roaming profile on log off resulting in files they delete re-appearing each time they log off/on). Have attempted to fix this - narrowing it down to two huge folders (downloads which I've sorted) and the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder which is initially set up as part of users profile in 'c:users\<name>\creative cloud files.'

The CC Files folder is 15GB+ in size.

So, followed the advice on this forum to move the folder in Creative Cloud settings:

Create a folder called Creative Cloud Files on your prefered drive

Open Creative Cloud panel

Click Creative Cloud gear icon

Preferences

Top heading, Creative Cloud

Sub heading, Files

Folder location, drop down arrow, click change and browse to the drive containing your Creative Cloud Files folder.

All Done.

Initially, wanted to change the path to our network share but unfortunately it doesn't appear to support locations on a network (only a local drive) so I created the new folder on to the users F: drive which is a separate HDD to the C: drive. This doesn't get synced when user logs off but we  back it up on a regular basis. I copied their files from the old CC files folder on the 'C:' drive over to the new folder on the F: drive and then changed the path in settings in CC to the F: drive (as in instructions above). It then said 'moving the creative cloud files folder' followed shortly afterwards by the following error:-

"Unable to load sync location"

The sync location is currently unavailable

There's also a box that says 'Reload Sync Location'

I click this and an error pops up in the corner saying something like 'Error unable load sync location'

Have tried closing creative cloud and re-opening it - same error. One thing I didn't do (don't know if it matters) was set the 'sync' at the top to 'not sync' prior to changing the path (so it was in the process of syncing when I changed the CC Files folder path)

The F: drive is mounted and available. I can navigate to it in windows explorer and open the new Creative Cloud File folder no problem so I don't understand why it's saying it's unavailable. Worse, I don't seem to be able to change anything back now to the way it was as the sync setting and folder location option with the drop down arrows have all been replaced with this constant error message. The only option I get is the 'Reload Sync Location' box which results in the same error in the bottom right corner.

Help!

TIA

Went back to user to advise that I've posted a question on here and am awaiting responses. Anyway, I just asked if it was still doing it so we opened up the creative cloud app again from the system tray to have a look and user clicked on the 'Reload Sync Location' button again (something I'd already done about 5 times this morning without success) - The "Unable to load sync location'" error immediately disappears, another message pops up bottom right saying something like 'you've successfully moved your sync location folder' and it flipped to the 'assets' tab in the cc app showing their content and now has the syncing spinner at the bottom again. So, it looks to have somehow righted itself now. Just need to see if it solves their roaming profile sync error on logging off

Thanks for your time

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your time

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
David__B LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear its working now

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines