Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to start Creative Cloud sync on Mac OSX

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am unable to start Creative Cloud file syncing under Mac OSX 10.9.3. Clicking on "Start syncing" in the screenshot below causes the creative cloud dialog box to flash white and then the "Start syncing" page appears again.

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 19.33.48.png

Clicking on the button again and it seems to whir in to life (see below) but after a while looks like it times out and goes back to the "start syncing" screen. I've restarted the creative cloud app, relaunched finder, changed the sync target location and restarted the computer. Still the same problem.

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 19.37.46.png

Hope someone can help. I purchased an add on for Lightroom and would like to use the sync feature to install it - along wiht enabling file syncing.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Hi

This was solved on another post. See here for the solution:

Re: File Sync won't turn on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration forum.

Colin_Rickman are you on a managed network?  Have you been able to sync successfully previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm not on a managed network. This is the first time I have tried to sync. No problem with other cloud sync services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collin_Rickman I would recommend reviewing the steps listed in Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CC, CS6, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html for information on how to resolve the connection error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I went through the steps on the site. There is only one potential issues but I cannot find the solution on the advice site. I checked for the GlobalSign Root CA certificate in Keychain Access and cannot find it. I clicked the link to install the certificate (http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/security-alert-sign-installation-cs6.html). However, this instruction is for windows and not Mac OSX. Signing in to the desktop app or website does not give a certificate acceptance dialog box. Instead I installed the certificate from GlobalSign and restarted the computer. Still the same problem affecting file syncing - software install is not affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin_Rickman if you disable your software firewall do you experience the same behavior?  Do you have any firewall settings or restrictions configured within your router?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I switched off my software firewall in OSX. Still no change. No block on the router and I have tried it both on my home broadband and work network. In both cases it was on a computer running OSX 10.9.3 (different computers though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

This was solved on another post. See here for the solution:

Re: File Sync won't turn on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines