• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to sync due to server error

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep on getting server error on a 25MB PSD file sync to Creative Cloud. The main Creative Cloud desktop app says "Unable to sync files" and when I click on "Learn more" I get a dialog saying "Unable to sync <file name> due to server error". Perhaps one in 20 syncs goes through OK, but most of the time it does not. This is frustrating to say the least, now I basically have to create JPG from the file and share it via Dropbox, rendering CC file sharing useless for me.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Hi Shutterlab,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Are you seeing the server error in a browser or within the Creative Cloud app? I have seen instances of this error occurring in the past when collaborating a folder with others and one of the collaborators runs out of space. Once this occurs, anyone which attempts to sync files within the collaborated folder would receive a server error message, not just the collaborator.

You can check if you have collaborated folders by going to this web addre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I did to finally correct this issue on my computer ..

1) Completely sign out of Creative Cloud.

2) Delete the Creative Cloud Files folder. (FIRST check the Creative Cloud files in the cloud via web browser to make sure everything is there .. if not move the contents of your CCF folder to a temporary folder .. just as "insurance")

3) Sign back into Creative Cloud.

In my case, the files immediately started resyncing, creating a new Creative Cloud Files folder. After it resynced, I placed a new folder in the CCF folder and it synced up to CC just fine.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - I have mailed my log file to you.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this issue? Still not working in my end... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update to the latest version of Creative Cloud, Version 2.1.1.110? Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe CC trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - still getting 79 items unable to sync due to server error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davorgekko,

We're sorry that you are still continuing to have this syncing problem -  I feel sure that we can help you remedy this problem, is it happening to all files or just some? if it is just some files there are some file names and paths that we cannot support, please see this knowledge base article: Error: "Unable to sync files"

If that doesn't help we will definitely need your log files,  I've checked our mail box for your forums handle and email but cannot find your original set of logs would you be able to send them again using the following instructions?

Include in the email:

Adobe ID:

Forum Alias/Handle:

Creative Cloud Desktop Version:
Type of internet connectivity (LAN/WiFi):
Using a proxy (Y/N):
Firewall (Corporate/Local):

Can you please send us your log files to enable us to better understand your issue.

Mac:

The log file can be found here:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSyncSync/CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Windows:

The log file can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync\CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Please zip them up and send them to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com with this forum URL in the email.

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this solved it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I am receiving the same error in CC 2017.1 Windows 10 64bit. These files are coming from an Adobe Clip project.

Has this issue been resolved? If so does it require any action on our part?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shutterlab,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Are you seeing the server error in a browser or within the Creative Cloud app? I have seen instances of this error occurring in the past when collaborating a folder with others and one of the collaborators runs out of space. Once this occurs, anyone which attempts to sync files within the collaborated folder would receive a server error message, not just the collaborator.

You can check if you have collaborated folders by going to this web address:

https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=shared

If you do see folders at that web address that means you have collaborated folders. I'd check to see if the files which are resulting in the server error are within a collaborated folder.

If you do have collaborated folders, you might want to ensure who ever you are collaborating with has free space:

https://assets.adobe.com/activity/settings

and recommend that they empty their online archive here:

https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive

Please let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the server error message on a PC (actually a virtual machine on a mac). Files seem to sync on the mac fine, just not on the virtual machine. Also having issues syncing between team members. Absolute nightmare and really unreliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm constantly having the same issue on my Mac. My files match none of the conditions described on the thread "error: Unabe to Sync Files""​​. Sending e-mail.

Tks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also had this problem on my Dell XPS 15. Everything worked on my work laptop on the same network. Both laptops were updated. On the Dell, I checked the Windows Firewall and could not see Adobe Creative Cloud so I added it manually and crossed both checkboxes (Personal and public network). Immediately it started syncing, now it works.

Hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines