• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to sync due to server error

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep on getting server error on a 25MB PSD file sync to Creative Cloud. The main Creative Cloud desktop app says "Unable to sync files" and when I click on "Learn more" I get a dialog saying "Unable to sync <file name> due to server error". Perhaps one in 20 syncs goes through OK, but most of the time it does not. This is frustrating to say the least, now I basically have to create JPG from the file and share it via Dropbox, rendering CC file sharing useless for me.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Hi Shutterlab,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Are you seeing the server error in a browser or within the Creative Cloud app? I have seen instances of this error occurring in the past when collaborating a folder with others and one of the collaborators runs out of space. Once this occurs, anyone which attempts to sync files within the collaborated folder would receive a server error message, not just the collaborator.

You can check if you have collaborated folders by going to this web addre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, I've tried all the usual suspects: restarting computer, logging out & back in to CC, checking network connection, ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help us figure out what happened we need the log files for desktop sync (CoreSync). The location for each OS are:

• Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log
  • Windows: %APPDATA%/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log

Note that on Mac OS X to see the user library from the Finder click on the Go menu and hold down the Alt/Option key. Note that on Windows %APPDATA% is a variable that will change to the correct path depending on what version of Windows being used.

Email the log files to kenrice@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken

I have the same error. And I have sent you some log files.

Some files sync but others do not. The sync error seems to happen when you open a file ie .indd to edit then when you save it down again you get the error. If I Archive the file in the web portal then it will cause the files to re-sync properly.

Has been happening for the last week or so

Cheers Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the email last week. We were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ken for getting this fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I have been getting this error on and off for at least the last 5 months. What issues have you resolved? CC Sync is still getting errors when my iMac and MBP are on and connected. Sometimes the sync works, sometimes it doesn't. Then there are the conflicted files-they happen a lot, too. I was hoping that with the latest update to the CC app, my files would sync without having the same issues over and over again.

Also, having Generate on in Photoshop causes many issues with the sync.

What is the key to making CC Sync work correctly?

Suggestion - when sync issues happen, the error icon on the file should stay on after the error happens, so the user could identify the problem files. It currently goes away when the error message comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Greg it was the server error message that was fixed. This has not happened to me again.

I do agree with you though I use a pc and get the same issues. Lots of conflicts too many and the conflict are not because two instances overlapping either. they just happen the file conflict with themselves. I get errors for the inlk file but why as this is a temp file that indesign creates and surely the software can handle ignoring these temp files especially those created by adobe products as they are not uploaded anyway.

I love the Idea of sync and it is good but to be a real pro solution the bugs need fixing. and the storage limit needs increasing. I will pay for more storage but only if they fix the bugs. Lots of Conflicting files does not give inspire much confidence.

Good solution that could be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken

I have been having the same unable to sync due to server error that I was getting a while ago for a while now. It happens to almost every file now and it had not done it for a bit. If I copy and paste a file it is ok. if I open a file and save it. I get server error. I just saved a pdf and it sync'd. I then re-saved it 10 min later to update it and it is getting the unable to sync due to server error.

This is a major pain and is making what could be a great thing into a waste of time. I receive the latest unpated this morning and it has not fixed the problem. In fact it has even more issues when you click on the button that says view on CreativeCloud.com it opens up the local folder and the display also has an issue with the error message and the view link overlapping and this is a new problem.

Please help. Else I will have to move the files back to onedrive which is not as good for adobe files but it does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I have the same problem with my CC. Possible to email you the CoreSync log files?

With kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'd like to chip in and say I am also having that same error. I just got a new MacBook Pro and just installed Creative Cloud on this machine for the first time. The error occurred for 25 files that have successfully synced on both Windows and Mac computers in the past (I've been through several computers here lately). Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teenagethunderbolt,

Could you send a copy of the Coresync.log file, which you will find at:

Mac - /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log

(On Mac, you need to use the Go To Folder option from the Go option in Finder (menu at the top).  Then in the pop up enter:

/users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/Then select go, this will take you to the folder containing the .log files.)

This may help us understand the issue you're experiencing.

Please email this to me directly on djack@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem has changed and now it says my files are synced, but there are no files in my Creative Cloud folder. This is the CoreSync file from today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my boss is experiencing the same problem on her MacBook Pro. We have a Creative Cloud team membership, and share files through a shared folder in Creative Cloud. Files have not been syncing on her computer for a few weeks now. It keeps trying, but always fails. I work on an older PC and have had no syncing difficulties. We have the latest Creative Cloud and program updates. New files or updated pre-existing files, in multiple programs, have not been syncing. And like other people have described, it says "Unable to sync due to server error." We use the same internet network at work, and granted it is achingly slow at times, but it has not affected syncing functionality before, only its speed. Something new must be going on with her computer... Could Ken or another staff member help us with this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aorzol - Per reply #2 above please send the CoreSync logs from your boss' machine. And go ahead and send the logs from your machine too. We will investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent you a email Ken. My computer is doing the same annoying, inefficient "can not sync" error. Running on my Dell Inspiron 5721 with a I7, 8GB ram, Windows 7 Pro and a new SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im getting this error. Has it ever been resolved. If so please email me matt@risen.tv

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem just started this morning .. will send log file. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TM Petaccia,

I sent you an email after seeing your logs. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-06-08 um 14.34.28.png
Just to get it right. The solution to that problem is that every user send his CoreSync logs to STAFF?

I mean, does this make sense?
Wouldn't it be easier to solve it with a patch?

Anyway.

I'm collaborating on this folder with a client outhouse, and these errors doesn't let us work really confident with the shiny new world of Creative Cloud. Checking every file if it has synced or not, if all changes were in or not creates more problems than it solves. This way, the cloud is completely useless.

+1 if you'll be able solving this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Achim Vedam,

To let us look into the issue you are seeing we will need to see your log files, this will enable us to see whats happened in more detail.

Send us your of files, The logs are located at

Mac:

The log file can be found here:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSyncSync/CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Windows:

The log file can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync\CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Please zip them up and send them to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com with this forum URL in the email.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same server issue and I have only one file involved, that is no longer local, and fails to move to archive with a server error. The faq fixes do not appear to work.

This is after first time install and no files have ever been offered for sync except this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We received your email. Are you trying to move an asset to archive on the Creative Cloud website and it is failing?, if not please explain in more detail exactly what your seeing.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the exact same server error on many of the files I have in Creative Cloud Files.

I was excited to use this service but it has been a serious headache ever since I 'upgraded' to CC...

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 2.35.15 PM.png

(P.S. Adobe: Dropbox never fails me.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also excited about CC storage and I am having a little better time of it these days on a PC but it has been a headache to get here. There is still the odd glitch. I too have never seen an error on dropbox it does just work.

One other error that you can get is if you sync a file on one computer and then on another that has not synced because it has no connection at the time because each time CC storage updates it looses the login details. If you create a duplicate folder things get ugly CC storage sometimes creates an odd folder with files in it that do not merge or ask for a solution ie merge or rename and that cannot be delete even in the web portal also giving a sync error. It takes a lot of trouble to fix. Yes this is an odd scenario but it can happen. Has only happened once but it did my head in trying to fix it. Not sure how I did in the end eventually it let me delete the folder and all returned too normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines