Unable to use recently downloaded fonts, CC sync issue and connection problems.

Engaged ,
Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today was especially interesting.

CC would say it could not connect and to retry connection, when I clicked retry connection is would fail, over, and over - I waited 15+ minutes for it to finally connect only to tell me "Coming Soon: CC will deliver fonts from Typekit to your desktop"? https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yci79zv3opmx12/CCForgotFonts.jpg < WHAT!? So now I had to search the Adobe forum to figure out why... More wasted time.

Solution: LOGOUT from CC pref and log back in, then click the resync button tucked down at the bottom corner... No Auto-sync? No notification that my syncing was not enabled; Really?

Shouldn't it be a little more intellegent, maybe remember that I just downloaded these fonts and to perhaps give me 30 days before asking me to login to verify If I still had an active CC account in order to use the fonts? This is starting to wear thin.

Everyday I have to make sure I login to CC because if I don't I may not have a function or font. Then there is the licensing I have to accept each time because I logged out; each time!

(I have deleted folders and reinstalled CC to 'fix' this, only to have it stop working after a day or two, even on a local administrator account and domain admin account)

I'm just thankful I do not travel anymore because I couldn't with CC. I would have to install CS6 in order not to worry, that should say something about this new Adobe model.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?