• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unacceptable: Adobe applications shut down after hours of Internet being down

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a one day internet outage. Not even 16 hours into this even my Adobe applications started to shut down accusing me of not having a valid license.

This is unacceptable and as a long standing customer I feel insulted.

Adobe, I am asking for more respect towards your customers!

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with the space provided by Adobe... this is not Adobe support

Adobe, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA Tel: 408-536-6000 Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is good that the public reads about issues like that.

Yes , I contacted adobe support but essentially I feel there is no interest in building any sustainable customer relation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unacceptable and as a long standing customer I feel insulted.

============

@GrandfatherTrout,

I'm sorry you feel that way but as a fellow product user, I think you're way off base here.

Your Internet connection was disconnected.  How is that Adobe's fault?!   You need Internet service to use Creative Cloud apps and online services.  It's clearly stated in the system requirements. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Do you also blame your refrigerator maker for not holding your food at the proper temperature when the power goes out?  No, of course not.  That would be absurd and so is this.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet was out for about 16 hours. The software should have been working. In fact for as long as my account is paid up I would expect the CC software to work offline with no hiccups.

Requiring constant internet connection for software to run is simply un-ethical and dis-respectful towards the customer.

There are other situations when users need to work offline (travel etc).
This should not need any discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your software call home recently?  It needs to verify your subscription status approx every 30 days and be open and running when the outage occurs.  If you log-off, you'll need to log-on again.  And it goes without saying that none of your online services will work without Internet service.  That's no disrespect, that's just how Creative Cloud works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It calls home about 87 times a day, so I cannot imagine that with all that activity it can't recognize that I have a valid license.

And yes, the way Adobe CC is set up, it is extremely invasive. Having been an Adobe Customer for almost 30 years I can remember when Adobe was once something to be ecxcited about. Sadly that is no longer the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unlike you I disabled CC desktop app from start up.  I turned off notifications a long time ago. And I never use sync except when I absolutely need it.   So for me, Creative Cloud is not invasive.  But that's another topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines