• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated Creative cloud deleted my files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, April 9 I updated my creative cloud app. After doing so, my Adobe Creative Cloud folder was EMPTY! Subsequently, the app starting to sync with the cloud and download the folder. The problem is that the files on my computer were more recent than what was in the cloud. I had been working off-line. Plus, I often have issues with the cloud not syncing automatically which creates a mess when working from my desktop and laptop at different locations.

I strongly urge you NOT to update the Creative Cloud app.

I contacted Adobe and they didn't have any suggestions for me and simply said that it's a known issue and they are working on it. I suggested that they disable the update as more customers will be very upset if they lose files. I got no response other than, "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Hi,

Are you aware of the thread Why do I have 3 'Creative Cloud Files' folders?

I am pretty sure you will have 2 Creative Cloud folders, Could you check for me.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I have the same problem. Recent files have disappeared from my Adobe CC folder. Lots of work gone. Thank god I have back-ups.

@Adobe: if you let people pay for a service, better make it good and also be helpful if your service doesn't work properly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you aware of the thread Why do I have 3 'Creative Cloud Files' folders?

I am pretty sure you will have 2 Creative Cloud folders, Could you check for me.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I do. Thanks for pointing that out. Like the Adobe response said, it shouldn’t be a problem unless I had been working on file offline. Which is exactly what I was doing. Shame on Adobe for knowing about this for over a week and NOT removing the update.

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Warner. That is indeed the case. I now have two creative cloud folders. Because I was working offline, I lost some data. Luckily for me, I had made a backup of my work because of my inherent mistrust of the Adobe Cloud file syncing process. Adobe has proved me right!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did u ever recover ur files? Plz help-ive lost 6 months of rn school studying n highlighting textbooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complete garbage! I woke up this morning and basically had all my files for the past three weeks disappear. Complained on twitter and actually got an answer to get my files.(Creative Cloud Help | Duplicate Creative Cloud Files (Unknown) folder)

I would be nice if they give me a month free since I am going to have to spend an hour of my time making sure I have the most recent files!

Needless to say the Creative Cloud storage is a joke and I will not use it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your anger and frustration. Read the thread. You data may not be lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevorward, can u help me?

I read the thread (Creative Cloud Help | Duplicate Creative Cloud Files (Unknown) folder) but it did not help-I only work from my ipad mini and dont know how to access/pull up the Docs/Download/Folders area-if this is not the right thread btw, please redirect me. I lost all my files, I had not checked my Cloud since May 2015 (school), and now I wanted to do some work. Lo and behold, 6 months of highlighting textbook chapters is not there. I only have one ID, checked all Recent, Local, Outbox Files; checked on both ipad mini and mac laptop, and contacted chat support-who after 1.5 HOURS did not help (simply gave me link to my own Doc Cloud durf I know how to access it AND told me if my files existed they would be in the Cloud durf again-that's why I am alarmed and contacting Support).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know anything about how the creative cloud works on an iPad. If you had ever logged on on a computer, the folder must still exist, just renamed or moved (see the above). If you had ONLY logged in on your iPad, perhaps you can bring up an earlier version of your iPad. Doesn't the Apple iOS backup store backups of your iPad? (sort of like time machine). If so, you can bring that up. I'm assuming that the creative cloud files are stored locally on the iPad's hard drive. If not, and it words completely on the cloud, meaning you must have internet access to work on the files, in the way google drive works, then you might be stuck with having to deal with Adobe. Those files exist somewhere. You need to escalate this through their management, tweet about it, etc. Adobe help is extremely poor and I've NEVER received satisfactory solutions from them. EVER!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the support! I wasn't too familiar with Adobe so I realized I was working with the free Adobe reader and not the paid Creative Cloud (though I did purchase it on 8/22 after Chat refused Tech Support unless I was paying customer). I did log on from my laptop sometimes, but not sure if Folders were created bc I didn't use CC at the time, only Reader's free Document Cloud. I'm not sure how to access backup stores/Time Machien, ipad hard drive, or bring up earlier versions of iPad so I might visit an Apple Store. I received a reply from Adobe Staff so keeping my fingers crossed! Just in case a solution isn't reached, how is management reached? I only see Chat, Phone 800-833-6687, and forum options.

STAY STRONG!! lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have lost all my files suddenly it has disappered ,Please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too! Plus I can't open illustrator files 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did u ever recover ur files? Plz help-ive lost 6 months of rn school studying n highlighting textbooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I opened my computer just a little while ago I found that my Cloud had been updated (must've happened overnight ---I didn't initiate it.) Anyway, MANY of my files that I've been working on for the past couple of weeks have been DELETED!!!!!!!! WTF???? THis has cost me numerous hours of work, not to mention that I'm on deadline. I'm going to call Adobe after 9am and they better be able to restore ALL of my FILES that are missing. This will cost me thousands of dollars if the files are not recovered because I'll have to stop everything else and recreate. Luckily, by accident, I saved the latest Muse web file to my desktop, otherwise that too was lost on the CC. I haven't thoroughly checked it yet to see if this version accidently saved on my desktop is completely up-to-date, but if it isn't and my files cannot be recovered I may seek legal action.

I don't advise using Creative Cloud for any important files. It's not a secure storage facility (in my opinion judging from my latest experience).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this thread for an answer from Adobe. The other "Creative Cloud Files" folder is probably still around. If you are on Mac, go to your home folder (username folder), the one that has the folders for Documents, Music, Downloads, Pictures, Public, etc.) You might see two CC folders. One will be Creative Cloud Files and the other will be Creative Cloud Files (unknown). That "unknown" folder is your old folder with all the files you had.

Also, just because the files got deleted from your computer doesn't mean they didn't get deleted from the cloud itself. Let it try to sync with the cloud and all your files should download. Technically, you should only have a problem if you had been working offline or for some reason you had file syncing turned off. Then, the cloud wouldn't have your latest files.

and yes, I too have lost confidence in the Creative Cloud File syncing. I need reliability more than anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did u ever recover ur files? All my rn school textbook highlights r gone-6 months of work! Plz reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines