• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates fail due lack of space

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be having a problem when new CC updates come out.  Though I have a 250GB C drive, it seems to have filled up quickly due to CC updates.  I was not able to do last update due to shortage of space.  From what I understand Adobe has to be on the C drive.   I have cleared out documents etc. but CC seems to fill it up.  Any suggestions to remedy this?  

Thanks much,

Kevin

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

do you have another hard drive?

if so, uninstall (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html) the adobe programs and reinstall on that other hard drive (open the cc desktop app>file>preferences>apps>install location).  also, publish/save your production files on that other hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have another hard drive?

if so, uninstall (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html) the adobe programs and reinstall on that other hard drive (open the cc desktop app>file>preferences>apps>install location).  also, publish/save your production files on that other hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if  understand correctly, I can maintain the CC app on then C drive, uninstall the program apps indiviudally and then download them again on another drive.  I'm thinking of using a 1TB solid state drive for the apps.  I also think you are saying put my project files to that new drive as well?

This should give my C drive some breathing room and manaage my apps better.  Thank you kglad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome and yes, you understand correctly (and don't forget to uninstall the already installed adobe programs on your c drive before trying to reinstall on your new 1 tb drive).

kglad_0-1613749364217.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a caveat for moving though....I uninstalled Fuse CC which is no longer supported, so can't re-install.  Any discontinued apps may have to stay put or you will lose them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be best to get a larger C drive.

Windows updates will eat up space too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may eventually update the C drive but I think I cna buy some time putting the program apps on another drive.  Thanks Peru Bob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines