• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating CC desktop app changed location of CC files

Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently updated the CC desktop app, it would seem yesterday, according to the desktop app itself. Unbeknownst to me, this update reverted the location of my Creative Cloud Files folder, from where I'd set it on my 6TB RAID5 Data HD array, back to the default of C:\Users\Brian A\ on my 500GB SSD system drive. It perturbs me, both that this would happen at all - an update should not change or clear user preferences - and that there was zero notification that this had occurred. If at some point my system drive approaches full between apps and app data, having something like this occur could cause a very large mess. In fact, less than one month ago, the C: drive on my last computer would not have had enough space. I'd no clue this had even happened until I opened preferences in my CC desktop app and noticed under Files, my location began with C:.

Was this a bug? Should I report this somewhere? Is there a way to prevent this from occurring with future updates?

Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This is now a known issue with the last update and we are looking into a fix for this.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines