uploading status bar

Engaged ,
Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I try to upload a big file, 4,7 gb, to my cloud. is there a way to check how much of the file is already in the cloud? because my cc application has been saying "synching..." since 14 hours and I don`t know how far the uploader is, because there is no status bar or something to show that...

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michal,

according to my observations it's unusual, that an upload takes so much time. But, if you have a look there: Error: "Unable to sync files" >>> Syncing large files >>> I quote: "You could see an error if you're trying to sync a large file using the Creative Cloud Files folder.

If you copy a large file to your Creative Cloud Files folder, the file doesn't sync until it is copied completely into folder. As the file is copying, the file is flagged, and your Creative Cloud desktop app notifies you that it is "Unable to sync file(s)". Once the copy completes, it begins syncing to Creative Cloud." you should be able to evaluate in a better way.

Hans-Günter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Michal_K AUTHOR LATEST
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks for your answer. unfortunately it wasn`t a solution for my problem. I talked to the customer service from adobe about this and the answer was, I should use smaller files, because syncing of large files in the creative cloud doesn`t work that good... ("Since the file is larger you are facing issue in syncing Michal, the sync is stopped. I kindly request you to sync smaller files so that it should work fine."). After that I moved completely to Google Drive, because it`s much faster and one can upload also very large files. I think the Cloud by Adobe works only for phototgraphers or graphic designers who have to sync much smaller files... and not for filmmakers who sometimes have to upload larger videos. which is really a pity! and also totally unfair.

Michal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines