• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Another Adobe Account; files on old account saved?

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to start a co-op job with my University, and they are giving me an adobe account that they want me to use while working for them. I have my own account already where I have projects that I am currently working on. If I log into my schools account on my computer will any of my projects on my personal account be lost or will this cause any complications? Also, what's the easiest way of going about switching between accounts to work on both my co-op work with the school and my personal projects? Is it as simple as just logging in and out between accounts? Thanks.

Also a side piece of info, the personal project I am working on currently is in Premiere Pro, and I will also be using Premiere as well as Photoshop and InDesign for my co-op job. 

TOPICS
Collaboration , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the two accounts (with different adobe id's) are not linked, at all.  the accounts are defined by the adobe id and your two different id's are no more related than any other two adobe ids.

you can switch between accounts on any computer by signing out of the cc desktop app and then signing back in with the acount your want to use, http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @whitetesla763,

Happy new year!

Keep your co-op and personal projects separate so there can be no disputes about who owns which files.

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar again.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your other paid ID and password.

Repeat when you need to access your other account.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines