• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Creative cloud as a backup

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am new to Creative Cloud services and I would like to ask few questions, because I am not sure If I understand some things correctly. First of all english is not my native language please excuse my mistakes 🙂

I would like to use creative cloud as a backup to my documents. Right now I am using only my local drive as my workspace and I copy my work to external disk to backup it. I would like to use cloud as my secure backup so do you think I can copy my whole work to „Creative cloud files“ folder which is synced online? And than only work from there and save all new thing to this folder?

What about when I need to reinstall my windows? When I delete file from this folder it is also deleted from my online backup. What happed If I have some kind of accident and my local drive gets damaged? Or If I need to reinstall my windows? If I format my hard drive will it delete my online cloud folder as well? Or when I install new windows and Creative Cloud app everything will download to my drive on new Windows? I am little worried about this. 

Sorry for long questions. I will be happy if somebody will make it clear for me 🙂 Thank you.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc storage is not meant for backing up files.  it's intended for sharing files:

Adobe Creative Cloud FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer but I think that is not correct. In your link is this questin "Am I required to store my files in the cloud?" and it says: However, your Creative Cloud membership comes with cloud storage that you can choose to use for backups, link sharing, folder collaboration, and more. So I think my intention is ok and I can backup all my files to cloud. Anybody who can answer my previous questions please? Thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didn't say you could not back up your files.  i said, cc storage is NOT meant for backing up files.

changing/formating your hard drive should not affect the files stored on adobe's servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use any kind of cloud storage for backups, I use a Sata docking station with several bare drives to make multiple copies
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't rely on it as your primary backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines