Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viruses found in Creative Cloud Files folders after app-update on July 28:th

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

After a several hours long synchronisation today, Creative Cloud finally came to a stop in this sync-marathon. However, there was a warning that some files will not upload due to that they contain viruses. (See pasted URL). http://1drv.ms/1VMfowR

The files that are supposed to have viruses are in my folder, “F:\Creative Cloud Files\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Required\Plug-Ins\Measurements”.
All this happened after
today's (July 28th) update of three Creative Cloud apps (Adobe Photoshop CC 2015, Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015, and Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015). 

During the update I paused the synchronisation and when the updates where done, I started it again. Voilà! Viruses in Adobe products? 
The thing is that I have not had a virus for years. What makes it even more creepy is that I now have viruses that are isolated to my folder where Creative Cloud has its backup and for that I pay some USD 61
(525 SEK)/month in subscription of Adobe’s finest programs.  That sux!

The one big question is, are those files really infected or are they in some way corrupt. I scanned the whole "F:\Creative Cloud Files"-folder with Windows Defender and ESET online scanner. Nothing nasty was found. Nevertheless, reading some old post in this forum - there have apparently been issues earlier with viruses in what today is Creative Cloud.

So you are not alone, LuziAnne and I am sorry for that the support you got was…none.

Anyone else with the same issues the last few days and of course; a solution.

Regards,
Anders Magrioteli

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Hi,

Just a word of caution on removing these files and folder. If you require them for Photoshop plugins and you move them from this location they may stop working in Photoshop. I would suggest you don't keep you plugins in the Creative Cloud folder and install them elsewhere on your system. maybe your keeping them in the Creative Cloud files location as a back up etc?.

I will continue to work with internal teams on this for you. Could you also supply me with the exact file names of the files that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have opened an internal issue for the virus messages you are seeing. I will update you with information as I get it. In the meantime, you can remove the files that are being detected as viruses from your Creative Cloud folder, sync should still work for you but the files detected as viruses wont be uploaded to the Creative Cloud service.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thanks a lot for the reply.

I will get on it this evening.

Cheers,

Anders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just a word of caution on removing these files and folder. If you require them for Photoshop plugins and you move them from this location they may stop working in Photoshop. I would suggest you don't keep you plugins in the Creative Cloud folder and install them elsewhere on your system. maybe your keeping them in the Creative Cloud files location as a back up etc?.

I will continue to work with internal teams on this for you. Could you also supply me with the exact file names of the files that won't upload and are being caught in the virus scan?, you could maybe even share the the folders with me via a Creative Cloud Collaboration using my email address harress@adobe.com. I suspect that this is a false positive virus scan for some reason.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I have sent you an email.

Thanks for your work!

/Anders!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and sorry for late reply.

I moved those files to another partition, for now.

Anyhow, since I am a Windows user I will reinstall my laptop (a “clean installation” instead of the update) with the Windows 10 today. So I will take that opportunity to reinstall Creative Cloud and all of Adobe’s program.

When I am done, I hope that the issues have been solved.

Thanks again,

Anders Magrioteli

Från: wharress

Skickat: den 29 juli 2015 19:31

Till: Anders Magrioteli <magrioteli@live.se>

Ämne: Viruses found in Creative Cloud Files folders after app-update on July 28:th

Viruses found in Creative Cloud Files folders after app-update on July 28:th

created by wharress <https://forums.adobe.com/people/wharress> in File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7807884#7807884>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For your information:

Hi, and I am sorry to spoil the party!  However after reinstalling my computer's OS - as I mentioned in my e-mail to wharress‌ on July 31 - I've got a new warning for infected files.
Now the infected files suppose to be in the Adobe Bridge CC-folder. (Please see this URL for screen shots).
I downloaded and installed Adobe Bridge couple of hours ago and four (4) files in two different folders were alerted.
Windows Defender searched the whole Creative Cloud Files-folder and its 22.157 objects, with no alert.

Same issue as earlier?

Regards,
Anders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines