• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Was somehow saving docs to CC Folder while not signed in, when I signed in all of my files disappeared -- now what?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop CC on a monthly subscription, Creative Cloud included, and have been saving my files to the Creative Cloud folder ever since.

I decided today to start using the mobile app as well, and noticed that there were no files listed in my CC mobile. While troubleshooting that, I discovered that I was not actually signed into my CC account on the computer. I signed into my account, thinking there must have been a syncing issue. Once I signed into my account, all the files disappeared from my CC folder.

I have searched through my computer, scoured the other folders and the recycling bin, signed back out, restarted, etc etc, and nothing can retrieve the files. Several of my files show up in the "recent" folder on my computer, but when I try to open them, I'm greeted with an error message that the file path has been removed/no longer exists.

I have been chatting with Adobe help all morning and their base-level agents have assured me that there is no way that I was saving files to the Creative Cloud folder without being signed in (which is clearly not the case, since I was) and that they have no idea what happened and that there is no way to retrieve the files. My issue has been escalated to the "next level" team and I'm waiting for them to contact me.

Does anyone have insight into this issue?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Erinn,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Searching the entire hard drive for some of the missing files would be what I would try in that situation. What is the path shown that says it was removed or no longer exists?

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines