• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We all just updated the latest Creative Cloud and files and folders are missing!! help?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several people in my office can no longer see some of our all files after doing the Creative Cloud update today. They are also not in the archive folder. This is scary.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue today.

Seems the update caused the local storage of all my synced files to go from my selected folder to the Adobe Creative Cloud default storage location (C:\Users\user\Creative Cloud Files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of this issue. Can you open the Creative Cloud Application and click on Assets from the top menu then files and finally click on open Folder. This will take you to the location of your files.

You may change the location of the Creative Cloud files folder to the location you had before.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warner,

I do not find this a small issue. Did this occur with every CC subscriber who changed the default location of their Creative Cloud Files folder? If so, why does there seem to be no communication by Adobe about this? Could you at the least possibly post or pin information about this on the CC forum? If this had occurred on my old computer, less than 1 month ago, there would not have been enough space on my C: drive. What would have happened then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

yes this will affect customers on Window who changed the default location.

There will be a KB article under Known Issues soon and Customer Support have been made aware of the issue and how to workaround it.

We are also urgently working to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually amazed in what I'd thought was an age of SSD system drives and such that there doesn't seem to be much of an uproar, or I'm just that asocial atm. I sadly don't know what KB stands for. I also wish, again, Adobe in general would focus a bit more on making the code they've already released more stable, and focus a little less on releasing new code/features that have not felt like they've been tested enough beforehand for years now. It still feels like the entire design of the CC app, and CoreSync, were fundamentally flawed somehow from the beginning, and at this point probably just cannot be addressed as they should be. Yes, it is exciting to have new features, but no, it is not exciting to spend hours or days or more, on various bugs that at times seem to go unaddressed, or barely addressed, sometimes for months or even years. Adding new code on top of that just complicates the issue, and can make it that much more impossible to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines