• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to my files on CC ?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was writing a screenplay and was saving the master file on CC. However, my 13" MacBook Pro was having frequent crashes due to kernel panic attacks. I proceeded to continue writing my script in my Mac in Safe Mode, since the computer wouldn't start the normal way. Just as I was finishing my script, the computer stopped working altogether and I was forced to purchase a new hard drive, and reinstall my OS X Yosemite. When I searched my CC files folders, it was completely empty. What happened ?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Freddie_NYC - We are investigating. I have a few questions:

• What was the name of the file?
  • Just want to confirm you were saving the file to the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer?
  • If so when is the first time you saved the file to the Creative Cloud Files folder?

Since this is a public forum you can send me a forum Private Message with your answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

It was an original screenplay, titled: THE STANDARD KILLER. It was written on an old Celtx app on my 13" MacBook Pro. I always saved and opened that file from the Finder window's Creative Cloud tab/window.

Today, I also noticed something more bizarre. My Writing Projects folder is also completely empty and I'm beginning to wonder if I've my system has been has been hacked.

When did I first saved it ? I don't recall exactly. It was a very important script. I wrote it slower than usual. 5 pages per day. Because I wanted to be more clear. More alert as I wrote each page. Last page written, was page 88.

Maybe a month or month a half ago. Give or take. I can't say for accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Freddie_NYC - Thank you for the additional information.

Is the "My Writing Projects" folder inside the "Creative Cloud Files" folder on your computer? On the server-side your Files folder at https://assets.adobe.com/files is empty, with no files or folders. Are you using the same Adobe ID for the Creative Cloud desktop application that you are using to post in this forum?

What is the file extension type for THE STANDARD KILLER: .doc, .txt, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Writing Projects folder is a folder on my Mac's desktop. It's not connected to Adobe's Creative Cloud at all. It's just something that equally stunned me. Since I had a lot of files in that folder from a lot of years. To suddenly see it empty, just took me back a bit. I honestly don't know what's going on. The Celtx file extensions are just that...

.celtx

File extensions.

Yes, I do believe I'm using the same Adobe ID. Although I think I had changed it earlier this year, from [email removed] to [email removed].

I vaguely remember doing something like that. I'm sorry. I'm just a little bummed out over losing that file. I'm on my third bottle of Bud Light Lime.

Those are great when technology fails you.

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Freddie_NYC - Thank you again for the prompt reply. I have edited your post to remove the email addresses since this is a public forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm extremely depressed. That script was supposed to go to Katherine Heigl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Freddie_NYC - I have a request open to see if a file can be recovered.

We never explicitly delete any files. If a file is deleted or moved out of the Creative Cloud Files folder it goes into the Archive at https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive from where it can be Restored or Permanently Deleted.

I was not familiar with the Celtx software but it appears that the desktop application saves to their cloud at https://www.celtx.com/. Have you checked if your file was saved to the Celtx cloud before your computer stopped working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah man... I'm using an older version of Celtx. To my knowledge, it doesn't save to their cloud based system. That's a newer version type of thing. I'm using their old school freeware version.

And no... I haven't checked. But I'll take a second look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Freddie_NYC - We finished the back-end check and there is no file activity for CC Assets in the last 60 days. You do have PDF files stored in the Document Cloud at https://cloud.acrobat.com/. I checked the old email address you provided and there is no Adobe ID associated with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not possible. For the past month I was saving them to the CC folder in my Finder window. I was booting my laptop in Safe Mode because of the frequent crashes. Does Safe Mode prevent the files from uploading to your server ? Is that possible ? I'm 100% certain they were there. Several other files too.

But that script was the most important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Mac OS X Safe Mode has some limitations: Wi-Fi networking might be limited or unavailable depending on the Mac and OS X version you're using. So your files might not have been getting uploaded to Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines