• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to the tick in Creative Cloud

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud - How To Share Files With Clients and Colleagues | Adobe Creative Cloud TV: Des...

If you watch the beginning of this video from Adobe you can see that it used to be that when a file was synced it created a green tick mark. Not only that, it was also possible (not shown on the video) to right-click on the file and share the file directly (ie without having to navigate to the same file on the web) to other people.

In Creative Cloud 2015 this is broken. Does anybody know how we are supposed to now share files quickly?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Raphael,

Very sorry, my instructions missed an important point: please make sure you open an Administrator command prompt. I've updated the steps with the change in bold:

1. Open a command prompt. (From Start menu, search for 'cmd', then right-click and choose 'Run as administrator').

2. Enter these two lines at the command prompt (copy and paste to make sure they are right):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncExtension\customhook\CoreSyncCustomHook.exe" --install --component

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raphael,

Please refer to the below link.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Let us know if this helps!

Regards,

Deepak Verma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No of course it doesn't help. It illustrates the problem!

1) how do I know that the file has synced if there is no green tick on the local computer like there used to be (see video)

2) I don't want to have to navigate to the file on the web! Those are extra steps. The file is on my computer and I want to (like I was able to a month ago) be able to right-click and Share from my local computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try these steps:

1. Open a command prompt. (From Start menu, run 'cmd').

2. Enter these two lines at the command prompt (copy and paste to make sure they are right):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncExtension\customhook\CoreSyncCustomHook.exe" --install --component=CoreSyncExtension

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncExtension\customhook\CoreSyncCustomHook.exe" --install --component=CoreSync

Please let me know whether this resolves your problem.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raphael,

Very sorry, my instructions missed an important point: please make sure you open an Administrator command prompt. I've updated the steps with the change in bold:

1. Open a command prompt. (From Start menu, search for 'cmd', then right-click and choose 'Run as administrator').

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncExtension\customhook\CoreSyncCustomHook.exe" --install --component=CoreSyncExtension

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncExtension\customhook\CoreSyncCustomHook.exe" --install --component=CoreSync

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hurray this solved my problem! I have spent literally 3 hours on 3 separate phone calls to Adobe tech support and none of them had a clue about this. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I'm glad that solved it. Sorry for missing out an important detail the first time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke to soon! It has now stopped working and the ticks have now disappeared again 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Raphael,

Would you be able to tell me if the CoreSync process is still running using  Windows Task Manager?:

1. Press (Window Key)
  2. Type taskmgr and hit enter
  3. Windows 7 go to the processes tab, Windows 8 Click More Details
  4. The following processes should be running:
    1. Adobe Desktop Service
    2. Creative Cloud
    3. CoreSync

If it is not running - please could you go to the Creative Cloud application and quit the Creative Cloud application by holding the Ctrl key and selecting Quit from the settings menu.  Does this resolve your problem? if not would you be able to send us your log files:

Adobe ID:
Forum post link:
Creative Cloud Desktop Version:
What Operating systems are you using:
Type of internet connectivity (Ethernet/WiFi):
Using a proxy (Y/N):
Firewall (Corporate/Local):
Specific file or folder names that are affected:
Timezone of your computer:
How many computers you use with Creative Cloud:
Are you using Creative Cloud collaboration:

A detailed description of your issue:

Please send us your log files to enable us to better understand your issue.

Windows:

The log filess can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync\CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(Please send us all of the CoreSync logs)

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default. This document explains how to show that folder:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Please zip the log files up and email them to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines