What is parcel_public_sharing?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used Document Cloud to share a PDF file (a book I work on) between my iPad and my desktop computer.

Received a message in my Creative Cloud notification panel that the book file was downloaded and opened by parcel_public_sharing.

I want to make sure that Document Cloud is safe and this file was not accessed by any unauthorised third party (I have not shared it or made it ‘public’.).

Contacted Adobe via online chat but they could not give any information or satisfying answer (nothing about ‘parcel_public_sharing’).

Anyone received same message?

Thanks

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is parcel_public_sharing?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used Document Cloud to share a PDF file (a book I work on) between my iPad and my desktop computer.

Received a message in my Creative Cloud notification panel that the book file was downloaded and opened by parcel_public_sharing.

I want to make sure that Document Cloud is safe and this file was not accessed by any unauthorised third party (I have not shared it or made it ‘public’.).

Contacted Adobe via online chat but they could not give any information or satisfying answer (nothing about ‘parcel_public_sharing’).

Anyone received same message?

Thanks

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did too! I'm not sure what that means as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to and I have the same concerns.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone from Adobe reading this forum and could answer the question?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Staff Member,

I have posted this question here one month ago. I do not think to move it to an other ‘discussion’ is an answer for it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Balázs Csöllei

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Balázs,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Our forum moderators usually move discussions to the appropriate spaces to get user queries answered appropriately by the experienced people of those disciplines/spaces of Adobe Forum.

About that notification messaging you mentioned in the initial post: “opened by parcel_public_sharing” this may occur when a file you shared is opened by the recipient of that shared file. You may see this notification when a shared file is opened with an anonymous link that you sent to someone, or when you open a shared file on another device.

-Tariq Dar

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2018 0