• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best way to share files with a client using Creative Cloud?

Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My clients all get frustrated that they can't download all of the files in a shared folder at once.  My workaround for this issue is using a ZIP file which they have to download and then unpack.  It is not always obvious that you need to download a ZIP file as it gets thrown in with all of the individual photos.  I do this because sometimes clients don't want to download 2GB of photos all at once, but rather want to download only a few at once.

Am I missing something when sharing folders via Creative Cloud?  All you can do is download individual files one by one, or use the "Copy to Your Work" button (when my clients are not creatives, they're just regular people and don't use Creative Cloud or have a need to use it).  Where is the "Download All" function?  If it doesn't exist, WHY does it not exist?  Why can't multiple files be selected for download all at once like they can through the app or in my non-shared folders (via assets.adobe.com)?

Finally, if this is not a feature that will ever be implemented, then why will it not be implemented, and what alternative services are available for sharing files with clients (specifically for photographers)?

Thanks in advance all!

[moved to Creative Cloud Services from Download&Install]

TOPICS
Collaboration , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My users also find it frustrating when downloading, so I switched to wetransfer.com for file transfers. Adobe cloud works fine if the other side also uses Adobe cloud. That would imply using at least a free id and the 2Gb free cloud space. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put your files on DropBox, Google Drive or some other cloud file sharing service.  But I think you'll find the same is true no matter which sharing service you use.  Bottom line, if clients can't figure out how to un-pack ZIP folders, that's not really an Adobe problem, is it?  That's a user-problem.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is, they are paying me to supply the files...  So I want to make sure that I'm giving them the best experience possible in retrieving the files.  But don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines