• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's the best way to find duplicate files in my CC folders?

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the best way to find duplicate files in my CC folders?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dead link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A free cross-platforum application that finds duplicates is dupeGuru available at http://www.hardcoded.net/dupeguru/.

There are other applications that do this too including paid ones with fancier UIs and additional features. A web search of "find duplicate files on mac" or "find duplicate files on windows" will lead you to these other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this handle RAW files? What about Virtual Copies? Any way to merge catalogs without duplicating VCs or adding VCs that were deleted?

Is there to combine (merge) catalogs and end up with only the latest version of photos and collections (not import deleted virtual copies, deleted photos etc) and not get multiple keywords, especially for names? No other sync software that I’ve found deals with collections or virtual copies, and Lightroom doesn’t let you choose the latest version — and it changes the date of the catalog as soon as you open it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it does not handle any of that. You can not use a basic standard duplicate finder for that. There are zillions of free duplicate finder - you need a dedicated toll for photos. See my recommendation below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DuplicateFilesDeleter is a simple, but effective tool to locate duplicate files in one or more selected search paths. It scans the files and compares them based on Byte for Byte Comparison, which ensures 100% accuracy. You can then choose to delete the selected duplicate or original files. The program is multi-threaded and performs scans quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Does it 'see' virtual copies? Can it tell if a VC has been converted to a master? Does it show versions (files with the same name but different edit dates) or just files that are exactly unchanged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Duplicate Image Finder for that. It works with Lightroom and can scan any folder for similar and duplicate photos. It can also compare LR catalog with a physical folder.

tut_multiprevduplicate_images_results

There is an article about finding duplicates in lightroom too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I expect this functionality from a design suite which is why i canceled my adobe subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines