• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's using 8GB Space in my Cloud Storage?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm doing some cleaning up of my files and so temporarily I've removed all files from my Creative Cloud folder on my PC to do some sorting out, and will then re-sync everything when I'm done.

As expected, once I moved all the files and folders out of the sync folder, they disappeared from the 'Files' tab on the web, and went into deleted items. I went into deleted items and cleared everything out of there.

So, Files (Synced/Cloud/Mobile Creations) are all empty, as is Published and Deleted. However, the website and Creative Cloud app are still showing I'm using 8.2GB of my storage, but I have no idea what that might be. I do have a couple of small files in my 'Libraries' but certainly nothing that would account for this.

I don't have anything in Lightroom Online or Document Cloud, and I only have a couple of small projects in Spark.

Is there any way I can get a full breakdown of everything that is stored in my cloud storage?

Thanks,

Matt

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Deleting files is a 2 step process.  Did you permanently delete files from your archive? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/delete-files-permanently.html

Empty storage takes up some space for the system that runs it. See link below for details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Ok, I figured it out but it was a very odd issue.

Remember me saying I'd cleared out all my deleted items? Well, according to the web I had. However, I opened the CC app on my iPad and went to the deleted tab there, and there were items in there not visible via the web. I cleared those out and the mysterious 8GB has vanished!

No idea why they weren't visible via the web GUI, but mystery solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting files is a 2 step process.  Did you permanently delete files from your archive? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/delete-files-permanently.html

Empty storage takes up some space for the system that runs it. See link below for details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

As I stated in the OP, yes I did clear out the deleted items folder via the web.

See my other reply - it appears to be a bug as far as I can see. The deleted items on the web was empty (in multiple browsers), but on the iOS app it showed a lot of stuff not visible in there.Clearing it out in the iOS app reclaimed the space!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I figured it out but it was a very odd issue.

Remember me saying I'd cleared out all my deleted items? Well, according to the web I had. However, I opened the CC app on my iPad and went to the deleted tab there, and there were items in there not visible via the web. I cleared those out and the mysterious 8GB has vanished!

No idea why they weren't visible via the web GUI, but mystery solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No doubt a cached version on your iPad's memory.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines