Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are my CC docs actually saved?

Enthusiast ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all, 

I have just saved an Illustrator document to the Creative Cloud storage, following the screen prompt which asked me where did I want to save it. 

I now want to insert that file into InDesign but I can't find it anywhere. In Finder > Creative Cloud files, it doesnt show there, why? 

If I open the Creative Cloud app it is visible, then I make it available offline but I cannot find it anywhere. 

This has always baffled me, with Document Cloud before and now with CC ... where can I see my docs in a Finder window? 

Thanks

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it should be in your sync'd folder.  you can find yours by using the cc desktop app:

Screenshot - 9_24_2020 , 9_16_33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, I asked because it's not there. 

What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go into the CC app, then Preferences > Syncing, it shows my Home folder into which I can find the Creative Cloud Files folder, but it's not syncing nor showing the new files I save in the cloud. 

If I click on the pencil to change the location, I get a spinning wheel for a few seconds then nothing happens at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's not in your sync folder, check online (again, the cc app links to your online fiiles).

if it's not there either, it doesn't exist in adobe's cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in the CC app, under cloud documents, but why can't I see it in the Finder folder? 

As I need to use some AI files in InDesign how can I access them? 

I cannot interact with them in the CC app to use them outside of the original app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart sync'g to sync the files.  or you can directly download from adobe's cloud server to any folder you'd like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not helping unfortunately ... I do not need to download them manually, this is a cloud service and it should work as such. It asked me a folder upon install and it is not syncing there, or rather, it stopped syncing after a recent update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I got help almost immediately and was transferred to the technical dept. 

They explained to me that what I see in the sync'd folder in macOS's Finder are my "Cloud Assets" while my "Cloud Documents" stay in the cloud and can be accessed/downloaded etc from the CC app. 

They also shared a whole lot of very useful links to read and study. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines