• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the promised "over 700" fonts?

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe email announcing file and font sync said,

We're happy to announce that you can now sync the files and folders you store in Creative Cloud directly to your desktop with the Creative Cloud desktop app. Also, your membership now includes access to over 700 fonts from Typekit, which can be quickly and easily synced to your computer. [emphasis added]

So I eagerly logged into my TypeKit account, via Creative Cloud, and when I filter down to only the fonts for desktop use, there are only 205!

So where are the other 500 fonts Adobe just advertised?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DJosephDesign,

Your question reminded me of this one http://forums.adobe.com/message/5619220#5619220

I think the email was referencing the overall 700 web based TypeKit fonts versus the newly introduced 205 desktop ones.

I'd be interested in seeing the text in the email that caused the confusion if you still have it.

Would it be possible to copy and paste it here?

Sorry for the confusion,

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the full message from Adobe:

We're happy to announce that you can now sync the files and folders you store in Creative Cloud directly to your desktop with the Creative Cloud desktop app. Also, your membership now includes access to over 700 fonts from Typekit, which can be quickly and easily synced to your computer.

Ready to begin? If you don’t already have the Creative Cloud desktop app, grab it from the Download Center—it’s free with your membership. If you already have it installed, just relaunch the app. Then go to the Files or Fonts panel to start syncing.

As you can see, it very clearly says "over 700 fonts from Typekit, which can be quickly and easily synced to your computer." And this couldn't be referring to just the TypeKit library because there were over 900 fonts in Typekit when this email went out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph,

Sorry for the confusion here. The text you quoted is referring to each variation of the fonts. Therea are 205 font families and over 700 fonts.

Also, this is only the beginning. We'll be growing the number of fonts available for desktop sync. Stay tuned!

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DJosephDesign,

Thank you for tracking this down and posting. I agree the messaging is not very clear. I'll pass it on and see if it can be changed. Thank you for letting us know!

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines