• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I still getting conflicted copies? - why doesn't it update/sync to the most recent change/ver

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I still getting conflicted copies? - why doesn't it update/sync to the most recent change/version?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently getting this same problem, and it just started happening a few weeks ago. NEVER had an issue with this before that.

Between this and Creative Cloud giving me NUMEROUS problems at home, I am losing faith in Adobe. 10 years ago this crap was never an issue. I've noticed it with Apple too, their products just don't work the way they should lately. They are trying to make things "easier" and "more convenient" for everybody but it just ends up screwing everything up. It seems like they just don't care about the people who have been using these products for years and years, who bought these products and made these companies what they are today, and who have been getting really annoyed by all of these so called "improvements".

I really hope things get better.

We need a renaissance in regard to caring about the little guy who is just trying to make enough money to get by. I can't work from home if Illustrator repeatedly shuts down my computer.

That being said, how do I fix this stupid problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it is not 10:42am where I am.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just sent you a direct message. This is an old thread, and since your issue has just recently surfaced, I suspect this is something different then the OP.

Best Regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another thread to carry this on?

I've been getting a bunch of conflicted copies recently.....now almost ALL my files are conflict/duplicated meaning I'm using twice my allocated space on the cloud.

My question is, is there a way to easily delete conflicted copies with having to go through them one at a time???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts exactly! Adobe are losing touch with what made them industry leaders in the first place. Time is ripe for a competitor to offer a worthy alternative. Although I'd much rather stick with Adobe, they don't seem able (or willing?) to solve these ongoing issues.

File syncing using CC is fraught with dangers of data loss and file corruption. PS has bug everywhere, including odd artefact glitches appearing on photos (Adobe Help blame the new Mojave OS), and similar issues with Indesign and Illustrator. Also, some design elements placed into my CC Library are coming out different to how I put them in. Can't describe how infuriating this is.

I've spent hours with Adobe Help but none seem to appreciate (or comprehend) the exact issue, let alone offer a sound solution.

Adobe service has dropped markedly. Very concerning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

I see that this topic started in 2013! And i also expericence the same horror.

My question to you, did they solve the problem for you? Or did you change to dropbox.

kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angeliquev,

Most of the instances I've seen related to this have been when attempting to save video projects within the Creative Cloud Files folder. If you've encountered conflicted copies, I'd recommend only using one sync product at a time, and ensure that they are not set to both sync the same files at the same time.

If you're still encountering the issue, and would be willing to help us research why it's happening, I can collect more info and pass it on to the appropriate engineering group. Most of the previous reports I've seen here in the Adobe forums were related to the causes I mentioned and were resolved with the troubleshooting described.

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

I'm still having the same problem outlined above.

I have a Mac desktop at the home office which I mostly use and I use a PC laptop when I'm working in the office.

The files are constantly syncing, (thousands of files its says) and at times I have to pause the syncing cause it halts all other programmes/internet. The files are not syncing when I put sync back on and the latest versions are not being saved. If I have worked on a file all day on the Laptop PC, when I get home the files are not up to date on the Mac.

I am a small business and this has actually got me into trouble with a client who was not amused that I undid a days worth of changes - it caused great confusion. Its really not satisfactory, nearly cost me a job to be honest. This is damaging and you shouldnt continue with this service if its not working. It really can have great consequences to small business.

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandra,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had. This issue of conflicted copies has been one which we've only gotten sporadic reports of occurring. Is the behavior something which you are getting consistently get or can recreate? What type of files are you getting the conflicted copies for? If you'd be willing to help us better understand the issue I can collect and pass on the information to the related engineering team so they can better understand it and get it addressed.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

What type of files are you getting the conflicted copies for? - Mostly Illustrator and PDF proofs off the illustrator files.

I think you should tell people that this service is not running smoothly? It really has big consequences if a print job goes out incorrect. It could cost a lot of money and stress, especially for small companies like my own.

No problem giving more feedback if you need it.

Sandra Coleman

Sans Studio

(removed by moderator for privacy)

Voted by Shillington as one of their top 10 favourite Irish Creatives.

https://www.shillingtoneducation.com/blog/10-favourite-irish-creatives/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for following up, the additional details, and being willing to help. How frequently is this happening? The next time it occurs would you be willing to help us out by collecting log files from the computer where it is occurring? My understanding is that conflicted copies are created in order to prevent data loss.

A few additional questions I had around the issue:

- Are you using multiple sync clients at the same time (Creative Cloud File Sync, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.)?

- If yes to multiple sync clients, are they set to sync the same files at the same time?

- Are you syncing the same files on multiple computers?

- Are you able to consistently recreate the issue (go through a series of steps where it seems to always occur)?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave

Sorry but I have to stop using this service. I can't risk this problem of not updating my changes. I just can't.  I have paused sync on both laptop and desktop. It's only eating my data and slowing down all activity. A lot of my files are ai. Small enough file sizes so updates and sync should be rapid but it's indicating hours of sync time. (Also for your feedback 20G is a too small size for facilitating this service. This in itself has made me question using the service. I can't only get the client work of less than half my clients on here).

No I am not using multiple sync clients. I do have Dropbox but I only upload sporadically. I'm using USB keys now to transfer file between laptop and desktop.

No. I can't identify a specific time it occurs. Sorry.

Thank you. Hope it helps.

<personal info removed for privacy>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you tell me how to cancel the syncing I can try clear the folder and do some test files for you. I need to sort through what's in there now first though.

That's another thing needs consideration . You can't seem to cancel the syncing if it's too much. I don't know how to do it anyway.

<personal info removed for privacy>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very disappointed with the Adobe Creative Cloud.  I am using ONE computer to sync my files and it is coming up with a lot of conflicted copies.  This is very time consuming.  This service should not even be offered with the poor results I have experienced, especially not in a professional environment.  Adobe, fix this as your credibility is going down the drain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, except with 2 computers on my end.  This new sync with the 2020 updates is horrible.  It worked better before I did my updates....come on Adobe fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are one lucky basterd! only 122 conflicted copies. we have 2558 conflicted copies of Adobe XD files.

This is so sad!

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 09.49.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sebastiaan,

Could you help us out by collecting log files from all of computers in which the issue is occurring?

To collect the log files download the log collection tool from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

After you run it, it will create a .zip file on your desktop of all of the log files from your system. If you could upload and share a link with me on where to download the .zip from, I'll pass it on to our engineering dept. to review. You can send the link privately by clicking on my name here in the forums and select the message option.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

We are experiencing this issue in our workflow between InDesign and InCopy. We are a team of three. All three computers back up InDesign/InCopy files only to Creative Cloud. It appears that the majority of the conflicted copies are being created from one of the InCopy users, only occasionally from the authorizing computer (InDesign) and never (yet) from the other InCopy user.

What appears to happen is that work is begun on InCopy. Then, updated, checked in, and closed. The next day the same user, returning to the same document, is unable to check out the content and receives a message that the content is being viewed by another user.

We have discovered that the only way to regain access to that content is to update the content on InDesign, unlink it and create new links. It is a work around, but one that creates a certain amount of instability and insecurity in the process.

We are using the InDesign/InCopy workflow for a translation project, and have experienced that it really improves our workflow efficiency. We have published two books using this process, and have only had an occasional "conflicted copy." We are in the midst of a third book and have noticed a significant increase in the number of conflicted copies, and it has slowed down our workflow noticeably.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud sync is a misnomer. For Premiere and AE files, which I use, I can say they create a conflict if I just open my second machine, even without opening the files in question!

I'm suspicious of the CC sync aspirations in general: services with better file integrity (e.g. Box) offer locking specifically for the issue of avoiding conflicting files.

Since this problem has existed for over 5 years, I recommend not using CC sync and just send files back and forth, like 2005.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did any one find the solution yet ? or any resolution from the Adobe team?

(

I have used Dropbox, Box, Google drive, Mega and then Adobe creative cloud sync.

Best experience for file sharing I had is with DropBox and Box. For more storage Box is preferable.

Mega also gave a good experience. In my adobe creative cloud mobile ios app, I am unable to open html files or download video files.

And more over this conflicted copy over issues seems to be never ending. NOT RECOMMENDING Creative cloud sync to anyone.

)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem... creative cloud is making "conflicted copy" files for one of our team members who is just trying to sync with the cloud and now we have thousands of conflicted copy files. What can we do to stop this? These are not edited project files, they are general audio & video files where there is only one version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having a similar problem for several weeks on my up-to-date iMac. Although my InDesign files are hosted on CC, they are worked on only by one user. When the next user works on them, they make a copy. (My point is that the InDesign files that are getting conflicted are not opened on different machines or by different users, as discussed in the thread below.) Anyway, for no reason, I'll wake up the next morning, after working all day the day before on a file, or sometimes after taking a break in the middle of the day, and suddenly a conflicted copy has been created, dated the day before (see below). Most times, I don't notice it until I start making more changes on the original. When I finally notice, I have to open both files and see which one contains my most recent changes, and the latest changes before the conflict copy was created, and merge them manually. Sometimes the original file has the latest changes, and sometimes the conflicted file is the most up to date. This is a huge problem that appears to have been going on for many years with Adobe software. Reading the thread below, I have been unable to find an answer. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cant believe 8 yeras later this is still an issue. I been having the same issue since I strated using Illustrator a few months ago. I work on a projet at work and when I get home and work on the same project when I go to save it tells me there is a conflicted copy. I have to then go back and update the project manually and do work twice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines