• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my ".pdf" files not opening in Creative Cloud? The tumbril shows up as a blank page!

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just switched over from Adobe Acrobat Cloud to Creative Cloud; a tedious task. Most of my files open up fine, but some of them show up as a blank page thumb nail. They do have ".pdf" extension. Any ideas as to why this is happening, and what I can do to correct the issue?

Ty

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Masood131 are you able to view other PDF files within your web browser?  Are you trying to access PDF files at http://creative.adobe.com/files/?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@masood131 - A few questions:

• Are the pdf files without a thumbnail password protected? (Probably not but just checking since we will not be able to provide a preview for such a file).
  • If you click on the blank thumbnail to view the individual file page do you see a larger preview image, or is that blank too?
  • If you refresh the browser page does the thumbnail image show?
  • If you upload the file a second time do you see a thumbnail image?

If there is a problem with a specific file feel free to share a link with me via a private message and I can investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, Ken ty for taking the time to reply. One of the ".pdf" files became corrupted during transfer from Acrobat Cloud, so I had to change it when I placed it on Creative Cloud. As for the others, I found out unlike Acrobat Cloud where one can view any type of file (.pdf, .docx, etc), Creative Cloud does not display any other files (MS powerpoint included) but .pdf extensions.

Thank you again for taking the time to inquire.

Masood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the additional information.

Image renditions are available for many many generic image file types (.jpg / .jpeg, .png, .gif), RAW files, and some Adobe file types (.pdf from Acrobat, .indd from InDesign, .ai from Illustrator, .psd from Photoshop). With Adobe file types you can do things like turn on / off layers and switch between pages / spreads in the browser.

Support for additional file types is on our road map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines