Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I delete archived Creative Cloud files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I got a problem with my Creative Cloud app. No matter how often I delete those "archived" Folders, they sync every now and then back to my Computer.

To prevent that, I completely cleared my Creative Cloud web- and disk space. Somehow, those folders keep appearing on my Computer using loads of disk space.They don't appear on my webspace archive.

Has anyone dealt with this kind of problem yet to give me a hint what to do?

Bildschirmfoto 2015-06-09 um 09.30.33.JPG

Best wishes

Michael

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Can you please update to the latest version of Creative Cloud, which is 2.1.1.110.  Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe CC trial

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, please follow: Creative Cloud Help | Browse, sync, and manage assets and let us know if that helps.

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Atul, I already looked that one up weeks ago and deleted those archived files.

In fact, everytime I restart my computer there's a new archived folder getting synced to my disk, althogh I deleted the archived files online and offline completely.

Michael

Bildschirmfoto 2015-06-10 um 10.18.08.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.  In order to further understand the behaviour you are experiencing, can you please provide the following details?.

Adobe ID:
Creative Cloud Desktop Version:
Type of internet connectivity (LAN/WiFi):
Using a proxy (Y/N):
Firewall (Corporate/Local):

Can you please send us your log files to enable us to better understand your issue.

Mac:

The log file can be found here:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSyncSync/CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync\CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Please zip them up and send them to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com with this forum URL in the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent the email with the zipped log file. I hope it helps figuring out the problem.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I received your email with your logs attached, however, I still need the following information from you.

Adobe ID:

Using a proxy (Y/N):

Also, Can you confirm you have been logging in and out of Creative Cloud on your computer?, have you followed any trouble shooting steps previously found on this forum from other posts?

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I filled in the requested data.

Michael

Am 11.06.15 um 11:02 schrieb wharress:

>

Why can't I delete archived Creative Cloud files

created by wharress <https://forums.adobe.com/people/wharress> in

/File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration/ - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7629777#7629777>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you email this information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I misunderstand or did you not recieve my email?

In case you didn't get it:

[ Private information removed by moderator ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i got your information, It looks like your using an older version of Creative Cloud. Can you update and report back to this post of the issue keeps happening? I have opened an internal bug for this in the meantime for us to investigate further.

Screen Shot 2015-06-11 at 11.34.59.png

Download the updated version or update via the Creative Cloud application.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC client is now on 2.0.1.88. The first thing it did, was downloading this deleted archived folder again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that the issue has now been resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wharress I'm currently experiencing the same or a very similar issue on 2.1.0.108. It looks like the "Creative Cloud Files" folder is syncing/archiving every 2 or 3 minutes:

Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 10.20.36 AM.png

I came in this morning to about 938 of these empty folders (I don't use the CC Files option.) As this is a work account, I just downloaded and brought everything up to date on a new computer yesterday.

If it helps you guys figure out what's going on, yesterday when I was installing the "crash report" kept popping up until I checked the box saying not to tell me again. That said "AdobeCrashDaemon" also pops up every couple of minutes at the same time a new archived folder is created:

Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 10.26.11 AM.png

I removed "CoreSync" from it's folder here and the files stopped getting archived, (AdobeCrashDaemon still appeared) as soon as I put it back they started populating again. So until it gets fixed I'll just place it somewhere.

Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 10.35.22 AM.png

Hopefully this helps, let us know if there is a fix already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicole,

If you wouldn't mind it might, could you complete the same steps as was requested of the other user above? Fill out the top information in an email and cattach the logs and send them to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com

Adobe ID:
Using a proxy (Y/N):

Can you please send us your log files to enable us to better understand your issue.

Mac:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSyncSync/CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync\CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Please zip them up and send them to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com with this forum URL in the email.

We've only seen a few reports of this so more log files might be required to better understand what is happening, especially with you using the newer 2.1.0.108 version.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please update to the latest version of Creative Cloud, which is 2.1.1.110.  Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe CC trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated  2.1.1.110 the problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem and have spend 3 days with adobe support who can't fix it. can anyone please help??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines