• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I permanently delete files from my creative cloud space?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time I try to delete files it say "an error accured. try again later."

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

@AaronWinters - Are you able to see items in the Archive in the browser at https://creative.adobe.com/archive?

File deletion is a two-stage process (think the Trash on Mac OS or the Recycle Bin on Windows). Deleting files in the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer moves them to the Archive. From the Archive you can restore or permanently delete items.

If you are not able to see items in your Archive let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Investigating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have emailed you about resolving this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I move files out of the Cloud folder on my desktop but these changes arent reflected on the Cloud so that I'm nearing quota.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AaronWinters - Are you able to see items in the Archive in the browser at https://creative.adobe.com/archive?

File deletion is a two-stage process (think the Trash on Mac OS or the Recycle Bin on Windows). Deleting files in the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer moves them to the Archive. From the Archive you can restore or permanently delete items.

If you are not able to see items in your Archive let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue. Every time I try to delete the archive I get an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tjbugler - We have deleted the files in your Archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Adobe, I'm having the same issue (trying to delete from archive on the web interface, getting errors, no success). What should I do now and next time this happens? Wait for a fix? Get someone there to manually do it for me each time this happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Otvtech,

Were you able to empty your archive successfully? What error are you getting? Would it be possible to post a screen shot example if you are still having the issue?

This doc has instructions for how to empty the Archive (permanently delete the online files) if needed:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-files.html

Thanks,
- Dave B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2014 Mar 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly, the error message was simply "An error occurred / Try agan later / OK" in a simple modal alert. I re-tried just now and the archive emptied as one would normally expect. Perhaps the issue was transitory, relating to server backend error response, and I didn't remember to check the Javascript or network logs for the actual server response at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem to delete my files. Could you do it, please? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken

This issue is a problem with my account. Can you please wipe my archive (delete) folder?  It is eating half of my space and I cannot delete them all.THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again Adobe...

I REALLY REALLY WOULD LIKE MY DELETED FILES FOLDER CLEARED - ie PERMANENTLY DELETED. IT WILL NOT LET ME DELETE MANY OF THE FOLDERS ETC IN THE TRASH FOLDER.

I get the same errors as mentioned above by others... PLEASE PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, could you share the solution for this issue, please. Thnks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Manuel Moreno - We have deleted the items in the Archive for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2014 Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ken.

Is there any problem with Archive? Why I can't clean it? I mean, there are files that I can delete and other not.

Thank again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Manuel Moreno - For the just resolved problem you had over 10,000 items in the Archive. So there might have been a timeout.

If you run into any problem in the future just post a message in this forum. We can figure out the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to empty my deleted items - it errors our pretty much every time. Can someone clear mine out for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. When I try to delete the archive I get an error "An error occurred, please try again.". Will there be a fix for this anywhere in the near future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paper1 - Which operating system version and browser version are you using? Also let us know and we can delete all the items in your Archive if you would like us to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using OSX 10.9.2 and Chrome 33.0.1750.152. I would appreciate if you could delete the items in my archive. Thank you! I've also tried it in Safari 7.0.2 with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paper1 - Thank you for the OS and browser information. We will investigate. All items in your Archive have been deleted. If you see this issue again let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same problem deleted all files from archive but 2 folders are still there please help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@miroslavm83043086 - Your Archive is empty. If the two folders had a large number of nested items it takes a moment for the permanent deletion to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted all my files from Desktop Creative Cloud, but they still remain on the Adobe site. I have even archived some and permanently deleted them from the archive.  For most though, they "was an unexpected error" that occurs.

I could archive each file one by one but that would be WAY too time consuming. I would like to start completely over really. There is not a thing in my Cloud that I want to keep. Is is possible for someone at Adobe to just wipe my Cloud completely clean? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines