• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I permanently delete files from my creative cloud space?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time I try to delete files it say "an error accured. try again later."

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

@AaronWinters - Are you able to see items in the Archive in the browser at https://creative.adobe.com/archive?

File deletion is a two-stage process (think the Trash on Mac OS or the Recycle Bin on Windows). Deleting files in the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer moves them to the Archive. From the Archive you can restore or permanently delete items.

If you are not able to see items in your Archive let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Rahil Pirani - I have a few questions.

1. Are you trying to Archive files from:

(a) in a browser using the Archive option at the Assets site at https://assets.adobe.com/files

(b) moving / deleting files from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop (if you are using file syncing)

2. If using a browser from which access point are you trying to Archive:

(a) from an individual file's page using the Archive option from the Action menu

Screenshot 2015-02-05 13.31.45.png

(b) from the Files page in Mosaic view (the default view) using the Archive option from a file's context menu

Screenshot 2015-02-05 13.30.38.png

(c) from the Files page in List view using the Archive option from the list menu

Screenshot 2015-02-05 13.31.07.png

3. Any further information describing the problem:

(a) Are there any error messages?

(b) Do you have a screenshot showing what is happening?

(c) Which operating system and browser are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem as everyone above. I emptied my CC Files folder on my local machine, then went to the Online CC Files page to verify it was empty, and then on the Online CC Archives page when I try to permanently delete them all, I get the error that there was an error in processing the request try again later.

Please go ahead and delete all of my archived files.

Is there anyway to fix this issue as I have run into this before (and this seems to be a wide-spread ongoing problem)?

Many thanks,

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Grizol - There was no need to do any cleanup of your Archive on our end. It is now empty. Depending on how many items are deleted it can take some time to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, okay - great, thanks for checking into it!

If I may make a suggestion - is there anyway then to change the messaging from "There was an error, try again later" to something like "The process has begun but may take up to such-and-such time to complete"?  That would definitely have saved me a few hours of trying to delete and re-delete. 

Thanks you again for looking into my Archive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, its almost a year from the original post, bug not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you please remove ALL archived files in my creative cloud? I am near full and an error is being reported. Thank you.Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 11.59.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also having same issue,...when i am in archive, and select all, and perm delete, it comes back with an error, try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the time delay issue,...so i guess i will wait til tomorrow and see if the stuff is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gfamclg - Your storage amount is now down to 315 MB. From what is left in your Archive (a nested set of empty folders) is looks like you were storing a Lightroom catalog. Per the Lightroom team this can cause problems.

From the Lightroom and Creative Cloud FAQ at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-creative-cloud-faq.html#id_9994

Can I store my Lightroom catalog in the 20 GB of storage space I get with my Creative Cloud membership?

No, you cannot store Lightroom catalogs in the Creative Cloud, nor can you save a Lightroom catalog on a networked drive. You must store Lightroom catalogs on your computer or on a locally connected hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you help me to empty the delete all files from the Adobe Creative Cloud? When I try to delete folder permanently I am getting the error message; below a print screen; thank you and regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't permanently delete the remove folder's files, help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is being done for all these issues?  5 years later and I still can't EVER delete my online assets when I want to, I have to get someone at Adobe to simply delete files.  What exactly do I need to do to delete EVERYTHING and get my storage down to zero?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem..

Why can't I permanently delete files from my creative cloud space?

XzxZf3pq.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, it drives me nuts !! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see loads of folk having issues deleting items permanently from the deleted items folder. I'm having same issue. I have folders I would like to restore but selecting stuff seems to just crash the whole thing. This is REALLY frustrating. What is the cause of this? Tried different browsers etc. on my desktop folder the deleted folder is not visible so not able to try there. Can anyone assist please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just scrolled through this entire thread and sounds like this is an issue/frustration shared by a lot of users.

So, Adobe staff, if you're listening — could you please

A.) Fix the bug (doesn't appear to be browser related)

B.) In the mean time, permanently delete files in my 'deleted' folder. I have over 2000 files in there and my quota is almost maxed out . I no longer require these files so please remove them for me.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am also having the same issue where I have run out of space on my account but when I go to empty the deleted files I get a preview of grayed out items that will not let me delete. In addition to this I know I have more items in the deleted folder than what is being displayed. Please help! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone from Adobe looking into this or are these posts being ignored by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm... apparently not.  Why cant they just fix this??? It is in the deleted folder and I am wanting to clear it out just like in Windows Recycle Bin.

ADOBE PLEASE!  50GB of my 100GB are in that folder!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same issue-- when I go to the deleted folder in my browser I am delivered the "Could not delete some assets permanently" error messages when I click 'delete permanently'. I would like to have all files in my deleted folder cleared, if there is no fix available that would allow me to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. Has anyone found a solution or gotten Adobe to respond? I'm nearing my limit and really need to remove these deleted files permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got several thousand files in my deleted folder because I did the mistake of saving a Charater Animator project in Creative Cloud once. Deleting a thousand files at a time results in timeout in the browser. Please add a button to delete all files permanently - and also list the number of files in the deleted folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I'd like to delete all my archive (more than 3 years of work on the cloud !!!). Impossible to select all the assets on the same time. Please help ! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible to get all the archived files on my account deleted as well please.

Also, since I am paying $14.95 per month for the 1TB of storage, is that still required to be paid now that all accounts have 1TB of storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines