• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I permanently delete files from my creative cloud space?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time I try to delete files it say "an error accured. try again later."

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

@AaronWinters - Are you able to see items in the Archive in the browser at https://creative.adobe.com/archive?

File deletion is a two-stage process (think the Trash on Mac OS or the Recycle Bin on Windows). Deleting files in the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer moves them to the Archive. From the Archive you can restore or permanently delete items.

If you are not able to see items in your Archive let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still on going & the Tec team pretend ur only person with issue I have tried for 3 months to get tech to help .. they just reply middle of night 3 days later ... obviously im then in bed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see Adobe is ignoring all of our messages !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
In fact you have to delete permanently the files by selecting « all files » in your « deleted files » folder, in the creative cloud web app.
The tricky thing is that there is no « select all file » button : you have to select the first file manually, then push « shift » and select the last file of the selection.
Then click « delete all file ».
The next tricky thing is that this option doesn’t work on safari, use firefox or chrome to do it.
Good luck with this very « user friendly » service 🙂
JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not abele to delete either? can someone delete my archive and fix my account for me?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to delete my "Deleted" items in CC cloud archive, but i get error message "Could not delete some assets permanently!" 

Can some admin help me to delete these old files?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, Files in the deleted items area I am trying to delet permanently wont delet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
In fact you have to delete permanently the files by selecting « all files » in your « deleted files » folder, in the creative cloud web app.
The tricky thing is that there is no « select all file » button : you have to select the first file manually, then push « shift » and select the last file of the selection.
Then click « delete all file ».
The next tricky thing is that this option doesn’t work on safari, use firefox or chrome to do it.
Good luck with this very « user friendly » service 🙂
JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issuse... I can't mass delete my trash folder. Whenever I try I get, "Could not delete some assets permanently".

Can someone please delete everything in my trash folded? 

Imac 10.15.6

Chrome Version 85.0.4183.102

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a solution to everyone suffering (like myself). Since Adobe is unable or unwilling to add a simple "Empty" or "Delete all" button after nearly 7 years, I took thinks in my own hands.

Using Chrome:

Go to your deleted files (https://assets.adobe.com/deleted).

Press F12 to open the Chrome debugger window.

Go to the "Network" tab.

At the bottom of the tab, select "Request blocking"

Add "blob:https://assets.adobe.com/*" and Enable request blocking.

Scroll down and select as many rows as you want.

Press permanently delete.

Ignore any errors shown, the files will be deleted.

This helped me deleted tens of thousands of files totaling over 200GB in size. Great job Adobe, truly a great and functional site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I just wrote a Powershell script that will automate this 100% for everyone. I'll post it up on Github later today or tomorrow in this repository - https://github.com/adammodlin/ClearAdobeAssetsDeleteItems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm am having this same issue I cannot permanently delete files from my "Deleted" folder. Please can you wipe this for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines