• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why can't i select a folder location?

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud isn't allowing me to enter a "Folder Location". Thus, I cannot access anything that Creative Cloud says is "synced" to my account.

Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated. My company's tech support isn't what you'd call "timely".

Eric

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Selecting folder location is an option to choose the drive location for the installation of Creative cloud applications using Creative cloud desktop app. However the files which are synced will be available locally in a folder named "Creative cloud files" and on Adobe Creative Cloud.

you can also refer to Change Application Installation Directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This post is related to the way Adobe arbitrarily creates folders in many places (C:\Users\Pascal Garin\Documents with "Adobe" and subfolders, but also C:\Users\Public\Documents with "Adobe" and "AdobeInstalledCodecs") and so on.

I think that software editors should not touch to the personal folders such as My Documents, My Images, etc.: there are many other places to store useful information, such as C:\Users\Pascal Garin\AppData and its three subfolders. Or at least, by simple politeness, ask the user where these folders should be located (this is for example what Microsoft now does with the personal templates location).

I would also propose that the folder by default where synced files are stored (C:\Users\Pascal Garin\Creative Cloud Files) should be named simply C:\Users\Pascal Garin\Creative Cloud, removing the word "Files", very confusing in French for non-English speakers.

That you for your consideration

Regards

Pascal Garin (France)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines