• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I keep having to sign in?

Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I sign into a CC just to use a program like Dreamweaver, then if I launch Preniere, I have to sign in again, why? I just used Premiere last week. 

Who keeps signing me out? This is annoying. And btw, once I sign into Adobe, I again have to sign in to the community? What gives with this? 

And again with this nonsense: "* Topics help users find your post. Please select one or more topics." none of the tags have Anything to do with my post, what is the purpose of this? 

File sync, Collaboration, Libraries, Cloud storage, web assets? Really?  

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your login info is cached in you oobe folder.  there's a problem with one or more files there or something on your computer is "cleaning" that folder.

to rule out the first problem (or fix it), delete the entire contents of the OOBE folder:

1) Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app from the gear icon in the upper-right corner.

2) Browse to the following location based on your operating system.

A) Mac OS: /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
Note: The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default after 10.7. google enable access to hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later for instructions on accessing it or check https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html.

B) Windows: C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
Note: The AppData is hidden with Windows default settings. google Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows for instructions to show it or check https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html.

then start the cc app and sign in.  watch the oobe folder with your file explorer to see files recreated and note the time/date.

open dw and then open premiere.  any problem?  if so, did you see changes to your cached login file(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad, I appreciat this information, how did you know to do this?

I just want to get my work done, and when I open the tools, like opening Animate this morning (Gotta freakin' log in again!) 

I don't use Adobe products to engage in tedious computer science operations like digging through directories to monitor cache file changes, I use Adobe products in the hopes of doing my job.

Adobe should design their products to simply work without having to become a computer forensics investigator, I'm sure you'll agree. As a stockholder I would appreciate Adobe explaining why they would burden their paying customers with this nonsense just to use their products? What do Adobe reps on this forum have to say for themselves? 

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some info i learn by sleuthing on my own computers but i learned this (and much more) by reading what other people posted in the adobe forums.  there's an astounding amount of information here.  unfortunately, it's difficult to find what you seek (even if you know it exists) and the useful info is mixed with a lot of not useful info.

when i find something really useful i create a macro so i can easily find and (re)post that info and i have a text file that contains arcana like the locations and purposes of the various adobe files that get installed with using adobe programs.

the oobe stuff is in my text file.  i'm not sure who first posted that info that i then copied but i know i didn't discover that info by sleuthing my own computer nor by checking an adobe help page.

did you delete the oobe files and login and then and watch to see if they were edited or deleted afterwards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

It isn't normal that you should have to sign in repeatedly like you describe. As Kglad mentions, this most likely is related to the sign in data not getting saved properly on your system. This could be related to either user permissions on your system or some other software interfering with the process.

We have this article which has some related troubleshooting to try:
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/troubleshoot-creative-cloud-sign-out-sign-in.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, David... I simply want this software to work. 

For example, I have been signed in and working, AnimateCC crashed (again) and when I opened it back up, I was signed out of all the cloud... what is the purpose of having to sign in? 

I don't use the programs to sign in, I use them to get work done. Why not just let us use the programs we pay for instead of irritating customers with this parade of quirks and bugs? We're all very busy people. 

Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines