Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does CC Sync take sooo long?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm using PS CC 2018 (subscription) with Win 7 and I have barely any IT knowledge.

My first problem which occurred yesterday when I started PS:

I was logged off from PS (Why? How?)

No libraries, no tools etc ...

I searched the internet for help and in the course of doing so I got a PS screen where it says at the top left:

last used:

CC files

LR photos

create

open

I double clicked on CC files and PS started to sync the CC files (Don't ask me about the size, I have no idea. Where can I find out?).

Okay nice, but now it's running for maybe about 16 hours!

Will that sync ever be completed or can I stop it and what do I have to do then?

Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Hi MS,

Sounds like you're making progress

For the PS issue you might try Window > Application Frame.

If that doesn't help I'd try resetting the workspace. Window > Workspace > Reset <workspace name>

If neither of those help I'd post about the issue in a new thread here: Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit:

I would like to manage my account, but going to accounts.adobe.com I get 'server not found'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MontgomeryScott,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Could you try the troubleshooting here and see if it helps?

Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave!

I tested 1.1 and 1.2 - okay

I tested 2.1 and 2.2 - okay (Nothing repaired)

Before trying to reset the hosts file manually I opened PS and had the idea to click on 'Window' and found nothing marked. So I marked 'Tools' and they were back again.

So now I don't know whether that was the problem from the beginning or the troubleshooting helped.

I have one problem left:

Tools and options pop up in their own windows, so that the options hide the menu bar when I click on full screen.

Before my problem tools and option were part of the PS screen.

How can I reintegrate them into the PS screen?

regards

MS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I closed and opened PS again to see if changes are permanent and when PS is open I see my last used photos and on top it says 'Work' and 'Training'. No tools, no options and no other windows (= not the editing panel)

How can I get back the windows permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, in the meantime I found out how to get back the editing panel (start PS > Window > Working area (2nd from top) > Photography) but prior to the problem that was opened automatically. I don't want to do that manually everytime I open PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MS,

Sounds like you're making progress

For the PS issue you might try Window > Application Frame.

If that doesn't help I'd try resetting the workspace. Window > Workspace > Reset <workspace name>

If neither of those help I'd post about the issue in a new thread here: Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines