• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Creative Cloud Files doesn't appear on explorer's Navigation Pane like other clouds?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remember if when I installed Creative Cloud for the first it was pinned on the explorer's navigation pane.
But I think it did.

I started saving my projects on the cloud, but I noticed that the Creative Cloud Files wasn't pinned on navigation pane like the other clouds I have installed.
So every time I have to go through My Computer\Users\Carlos\Creative Cloud Files to save. I pinned it to quick access, but I wanted it to be like the other clouds.

When I search on Google how to add it to the navigation pane I only find how to remove it because seems like no one likes it.
And when I try to do the reverse process of removing, I can't find the System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree registry (because it does not exist).

Was this option removed because everyone hated it or is there another way I can add the Creative Cloud Files to my navigation pane?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Hi Worsblack,

You might try the registry changes mentioned in this article Remove Creative Cloud Files folder shortcut from the Navigation panel | Windows 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Worsblack,

You might try the registry changes mentioned in this article Remove Creative Cloud Files folder shortcut from the Navigation panel | Windows 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how was this supposed to help us add the folder to our navigation panel?  I tried to reverse the steps in the article that says how to REMOVE the files and it was useless, when all i wanted is to add them.  is there an article on how to ADD the CC folder to the navigation panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you ever able to get this resolved?  I have the same issue.  Thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, any update on this ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever receive any information on adding the Creative Cloud folder to the navigation panel? I have the same problem. It use to be there, but it dissappeared after my computer crashed one time and I have not been able to get it back. I went as far as uninstalling and re-installing all of my Creative Cloud apps and the desktop app as well, but the folder still did not come back. This is the only place on the web that I could find that even came close to addressing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this helps but the only way i was able to have mine show up was doing a search for the folder. Mine was C:\Users\MyName\Creative Cloud Files

I went up one directory then right clicked Creative Cloud Files and added it to quick access. It still doesn't appear like it used to but it's the best i could do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found the answer how to restore the sidebar Creative Cloud expendable folder? Need help

1519509_pastedImage_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "RePin" doesnt work for me.

I didnt see the Creative Cloud in the navigation anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

formated my  whole computer and then it showed u p again... i can remember i removed it inside the registry/ explorer... i think once u do stuff inside the regedit there just needs to be windows update and u have problems restoring old reg files... they all connected.. so cleanest solution would be format ur drive and  isntall windows again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support can't help, they've been trying for 4 years. I found the solution myself. More than 10 people from Adobe support tried to help me. I pay for the adobe package, and I had to help myself... I don't know what I'm paying for ... 
Working solution. Only the icon is missing:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/add-custom-folder-this-pc-navigation-pane-windows/

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn889934(v=vs.85).aspx

For a long time, this post was a scam as the problem was not resolved by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines