• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why does "core" empty window appear on my desktop from time to time?

Advisor ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From time to time, unpredictably, I get a small empty window appearing on my desktop with the word "core" in the top left corner:

2015-05-04_132447.jpg

Checking in task manager, "coresync" seems to be using 100% of memory:

2015-05-06_153948.jpg

I have to shut the computer down to get rid of the process.  I believe it may have something to do with Creative Cloud but I don't what it is.   My CC version is 2.0.0.74. I am using CC's File Sync.

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit OS on my machine and the system appears stable.  I am using Photoshop CC 2014 64bit and Dreamweaver CS3.  My machine specs are:

CPU 3770K ; an Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard; 32Gb Crucial DDR memory;  a Crucial 256Gb SSD for the OS and programs; x2 Samsung 512Gb 840 Pro SSDs for data; an Asus GTX660 graphics card.

Can anyone help me with this please?  Will the problem disappear if I stop File Sync in CC?

Thanks

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nickna12,

I'm not an engineer and I have no idea how this works, but I saw that the same problem was discussed here Core Sync Process Choking Systems.

Try to contact REMOVED for adequate support to the problem.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The process "core" is not something to do with Creative Cloud as far as I know. Having a look on Google I can see some information Google

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting this problem - a small, blank window called "Core".

It definitely looks like it is CC-related. In the taskbar, it has the red CC icon and is called "Service for Adobe Desktop Apps". It runs even after closing CC, and is impossible to close the small empty window except via the Task Manager.

I am an extremely careful user, I never click dodgy links, I run real-time anti-virus and anti-malware apps and neither of them have detected anything.

core.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is related to CC I think.  The Adobe chat person I spent 40 minutes with thought so too.  I have no answer yet.  The adobe person had me shut down CC and the core application which made no difference - because the next day the problem reappeared.  It is hard to treat because it is unpredictable and you cannot make a change and check - if you make the change you may have to wait a couple of days before the problem happens again.  It would be nice to get an Adobe boffin involved but that may be too difficult.  I have resorted to hoping a new update to the CC desktop app will solve the problem.  I am not holding my breath...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck tracking the solution down, Lumpysimon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nickna12 wrote:

Any luck tracking the solution down, Lumpysimon?

I was kind of hoping Adobe would do that

As you say, it's so unpredictable it makes it difficult. I've not actually seen it again since I posted my message, but it had appeared three or four times before then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen the core window once since my posting yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are currently looking into this in more detail. We hope to have some news on this soon

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say that I have not had a recurrence of the "core" window since getting rid of Nvidia Experience a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In task manager, right click on Core and then choose "Go To Process" option. Once the appropriate process name is shown, click on view on the top of task manager and select "Select Columns". Check Image path name and click on OK. Now see the path of the process under Image Path Name Column (Expand the column if necessary.)

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  The "core" window is not present at the moment - it is intermittent, and core.exe is not in the list of processes - just  CoreSync.exe*32.  I am confused as to the difference between the two "core" processes.  I can follow the steps you suggest when the core window (and core.exe) return.  On a hunch, I have removed Nvidia Experience from my programs and have not seen the "core" window since.  I will report back if and when "core" returns.  Thanks for looking in to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bhatnaga - Next time it appears, I'll follow your suggested action while it remains on my desktop. Will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon.  The "core" empty window came back with this morning's boot.  It's definitely related to CC because for a moment after I killed the application in Task Manager I saw words like "the creative service has stopped" or something like that. So I'm back in the market for help...thanks for any other ideas.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. I uninstalled Nvidia Experience, but it didnt helped. I have the core windows every time. It only goes away when I kill the creative service process.

Any news on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really.  No answer yet.  Here is a thread I started in a Windows Seven forum...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/369490-why-does-core-empty-window-appear-my-desktop-time-time.ht...

Strange that your "core window" appears on every boot up and mine doesn't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We now have an internal bug open for this for the relevant teams in investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Good to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has now been fixed, and will be included in a future update of Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent!  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines