• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the Creative Cloud slow down my MacBook Pro 2019 16"??!?

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get it, everytime I install Adobe Creative Cloud, my mac begins to slow down at random times, boot times are attrotcious and best of all, in order to get rid of the cloud modules and other crap, I had to do a clean re-install of Catalina. I thought my Gaming PC had which ran Windows LTSC was a bit slower with Creative Cloud installed (Both on Brand-New NVME 1TB), this is a joke compared to window's performance impact. It almost makes my MacBook Pro unusable as soon as it installs on the NVME...

I used Photoshop and Premiere all the time, but ever since I tried it on MAC OS, it has ran like absolute crap, as soon as I uninstall adobe everything is fine, I don't get random CPU spikes 20-30% usage out of nowhere, despite the fact that I have turned off cloud-sync and all other telemetry that might want to update creative cloud for me, why can't I just download Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere on their own without more bloatware.

Is this being looked into? Because its been going on for years and i'm not the only exhibiting these artifacts and keylogger/malware like behaviour, apologise for the rant, but its disgusting what happens when adobe is installed on any sort of X OS machine running Catalina.

Thank You,

Krzysztof T.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too have HUGE issues trying to run Lightroom and Photoshop. As soon as I install CC and try to run the programmes, my iMac starts to crawl and become unuseable. I reboot, I have to repair CC. It's ridiculous. I am running Catalina. I own a copy of the last standalone version of Lightroom, which ran just fine. I made the big mistake of uninstalling all the adobe programmes trying to fix the CC issue. Now it won't re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines