• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why has my creative cloud stopped syncing?

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I have updated my photoshop as prompted in my creative cloud desktop app but now my files no longer sync.  I just have the spinning wheel of doom on my mac when I navigate to files on the creative cloud desktop app.  I have checked the settings and I am signed in and I have even tried uploading and downloading within the preferences.  Can you help please?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

please have a look at this brandnew link "spinning wheel" there App doesn’t open; progress wheel spins continually

Good luck!

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all of this but it has not worked:( any other ideas?  I am running a macbook pro with mavericks Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

sorry and in this case I would do the old fashioned way (with some steps are written in the new link from above) and download a really new trial version of your program(s) in question and change it/them into a "real" version later, BUT because you said, that you "re-installed" already, so it become a little bit complicated. It would be necessary that you have to use "Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool".

Here an advice for that (The order varies depending on your individual needs. Please read all my proposals first, so you can better choose the first step:)

1. Maybe you have to activate/deactivate, so please have a look there:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html

2. Sometimes, we know in the meantime, the "opm.db file" is the culprit. In this case you should delete it.

3. Did you already try "uninstalling and re-installing"? Be careful with (de)installing aso. by (de)installing by your own resources. As much as I regret it and as strange as it may seem I fear it's a challenge for Adobe's Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Sometimes - for whatever reasons - CC doesn't "want" to work. In this case you should CC completely delete and reinstall by help of Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. (A try to uninstall by own resources is not enough!)

I quote: Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool helps resolve installation problems for Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite (CS3-CS6) applications. The tool removes installation records for prerelease installations of Creative Cloud or Creative Suite applications. It does not affect existing installations of previous versions of Creative Cloud or Creative Suite applications.

Please use: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html   and follow the prescribed sequence of operations

4. If necessary and for further questions click through http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and if "open" please use chat, I had the best experiences. I quote from Preran: The chat button is activated as soon as there is an agent available to help.

Good luck!

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emanagero,

please try these steps below and let me know if this resolves the issue?

MAC

1. Quit the Creative Cloud desktop application.

2. In Terminal, copy and paste this command:

rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/CoreSync/options.tix

3. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application and start syncing.

WINDOWS

1. Quit the Creative Cloud desktop application.

2. Open the Start menu, and type 'cmd' in the search box, then enter to start a command prompt.

3. Copy and paste this command at the command prompt:

del %APPDATA%\Adobe\CoreSync\options.tix

4. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application and start syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas no this is the message that appears

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/options.tix: No such file or directory  Can you help me get it if it is missing? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emanagero,

It looks like you missed the tilde ('~') from the steps above. If that's unclear you could try using this command instead:

rm /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/CoreSync/options.tix

You'll need to replace <yourusername> with whatever your user name is -- the tilde symbol effectively means the same as /Users/<yourusername>

Hope that helps,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ben

Sorry for delay getting back - I tried this as well but it did not work.  Also uninstalled and reinstalled desktop app - no luck.  What do you suggest next?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines