• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is "Collaborate..." on the libraries window launching to a blank screen?

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem:

When I try to choose to "View on web", "Collaborate...", "Share Link..." from the Libraries fly out menu, Illustrator and Photoshop launch a a Google Chrome browser tab that has the Adobe loading spinner. When it's done loading, the page displays the header and footer page as expected, but then the content section is just white.

adobeCloudConnection.gif

Clues:

• I thought it was a network problem at first.
    • I'm normally behind a corporate firewall. I immediately started working with the network security team to make sure we were configured according to Adobe Creative Cloud Network Endpoints recommendations. They said all looks correct on their side and asked if I had tried it on any other networks.
    • I set up my iphone as a personal hotspot for my laptop. That didn't work because I had a poor connection.
    • Tried launching the same way while connected through my home wireless network. Still the same issue...
    • Checked to see if I have a firewall on, but I don't. The firewall is completely turned off.
  • Restarted the Creative Cloud desktop app by clicking the icon at the top of my screen, then pressing command+option+r. No change.
  • Uninstalled/reinstalled the Illustrator software to see if that would make a difference. No change.
  • Just had a co-worker try this on his machine. The same thing happens on his machine.

Looking forward to any help I might be able to get on this. Our team is really wanting to use this stuff, but I need to put together a proof of concept first. Just can't seem to get to that point.

Thank you!

Lucas Hall

http://thelucashall.com

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Thanks for continuing on with this Dave. I am using the same chrome version. To answer your last questions...

• I've tried refreshing the screen using the circle icon next to the address bar. I've also tried Command+r. I've tried both. When I do this, I see the loading spinner again, then it comes back to the screen that is blank.
  • My library only has one character style item in it right now as a test. Tried to do the copy method you mentioned by that didn't work for me. I couldn't get it to copy, bu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucas,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Thanks for the detailed description of the issue. A couple initial questions and suggestions.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David__B,

1. To answer your question, I am running MacOS Sierra 10.12.4.

2. I had a library I created yesterday with an item that I placed in it. I reset google chrome following the instruction which was super easy following the instructions on the page you sent me. I went back to Illustrator and clicked "Collaborate..." again. This time, the browser opened with pop up window asking me to type some information in. It seemed to be all good! I decided to delete the library since it was a test library for the sake of getting this communication fixed. I created a new library. Placed a text style in it, then attempted to launch it using the same method of clicking "Collaborate...". Unfortunately it came up to a blank screen again.

3. Changed my default browser to Safari (which I haven't used for anything except to go get Google Chrome). Launched the browser window again using the same method. Unfortunately again, it came up blank.

Is there a time delay when working with Creative Cloud? The only thing I can think of that would have resulted in it working on #2 above is that the library was created on a previous date. I guess, if that's the case I think it'd be helpful if I had more information on that, or if there is a way to force a refresh from the desktop Creative Cloud app.

~Lucas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the additional info and testing.

I tested in macOS 10.12 with Chrome 58.0.3029.110 but unfortunately wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

• Does the page appear if you reload it (with the circular arrow button before the URL on the address line)?
  • That is interesting that it worked in a new Library. How many items are in the Libraries which aren't working? I'm wondering if it might be related to a specific asset in the Library or number of items. If you cmd click on a specific asset in the panel you can copy assets from one library to another. Maybe try making a new library and copy some of the assets over and see if its working.
  • If you initiate the collaborate, send link, from the browser via the drop down below the thumbnail does it do the same thing?

Thanks for testing all this, hopefully we can narrow it down.

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for continuing on with this Dave. I am using the same chrome version. To answer your last questions...

• I've tried refreshing the screen using the circle icon next to the address bar. I've also tried Command+r. I've tried both. When I do this, I see the loading spinner again, then it comes back to the screen that is blank.
  • My library only has one character style item in it right now as a test. Tried to do the copy method you mentioned by that didn't work for me. I couldn't get it to copy, but I was able to create another library and add an item to it. When I launched, it came up to a blank screen...

On a hunch, I decided to copy the url from the address bar over to an incognito window in Google Chrome. Pasted and hit enter. Waited to load. I was prompted to sign in. Upon entering my username, I was prompted to select to use my personal profile or my enterprise profile...

** I actually think that having two profiles for my email is partly or fully the cause of the problem we've been trying to solve **

I selected my enterprise profile. Then the page loaded. When it was done loading, there was the asset. I was recording the event but without thinking I stopped the recording at that point. After I stopped the recording though, I went back to the original blank screen to find that a quick refresh reloaded the assets that previously would not show up.

WorksInIncognito.gif

I also think that perhaps there is more going on with Cookies or stored data in the background. I just attempted to launch again after a few moments. I found that since I'm currently working in the Incognito window, that Illustrator launched into an Incognito window... But the screen came up blank again. Copied the url over to a standard window, and it loaded, but after a little bit of a pause... Something like 15 seconds.

I think I will keep working on it for now. but I think the solution is to launch into an incognito window and make sure to select the enterprise profile (or profile that is "paid up"). ~Lucas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucas,

Good to hear you found this workaround. Thanks for the info and doing this testing. I wondered if because it was working incognito mode if one of the Chrome extensions might be the cause. You might try going to chrome://extensions  and disabling all extensions temporarily, see if the behavior persists, and if not, try re-enabling them one by one.

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just went to the chrome://extensions section and it didn't show any extensions enabled. The only one I have had enabled recently has been the WAVE Evaluation tool, but that actually got disabled as a result of your first set of instructions which was to reset the chrome browser to factory defaults.

extensions.png

I know that Incognito disabled all extensions, but then it also ignores existing cookies. Not sure what else it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines