• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why isn't there a single master uninstaller for Adobe Creative Cloud?

Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why doesn't Adobe Creative Cloud have a single click uninstall all applications AND the desktop launcher?

I've built a completely new system, but I still have data that I need to move from my older system to the new system.

My old system is OLD... like, nine years old... and it already runs like molasses. Since I no longer need CC on that system, I wanted to uninstall Adobe CC in its entirety so that I can reclaim disk space on my overloaded C drive to try to get a little more performance out of the system while I am transferring files / deciding what to transfer, etc.

First, the idea that I have to log in to CC in order to uninstall CC applications is counter-intuitive; just let me uninstall the apps regardless of whether I am logged in or not. I'm not sure why I would need to be logged in to CC to uninstall. There doesn't seem to be a rationale for this.

Second, while I understand having separate uninstalls, why isn't there a single one-click uninstall everything? I don't know about anyone else, but I've been subscribed to CC from the beginning. Having to click on every single version of every installed application and tell it to uninstall and further, to then have to click on another dialogue to tell it to remove everything is so time consuming.

I want a "nuke CC" button so that when I need to get rid of the whole thing, I can.

I can't believe that I would be the only subscriber that wants this. It just seems like it is something so basic.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used that before... it fails.. often. Why, I don't know. It will just arbritrarily decide it can't uninstall an application and quit.

Adobe has an entire launcher for the management of the CC applications. How is the preferred method for removing all CC applications a separate application?

If the launcher can uninstall individual applications, it should be able to batch uninstall all applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevertheless, you asked "why isn't there a single master uninstaller", and we told you that there IS one. If your problem is, knowing that there is a master uninstaller, it doesn't work well for you, you could try telling us that instead and sharing full details. Certainly, this is Adobe's master uninstaller; they don't have a separate one which they keep a secret.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You said it yourself.  The old computer is slow and inefficient.  It probably has a whole laundry list of other issues as well.  At this time, the Adobe Cleaner tool is what is recommended for wiping old Adobe files off your system.

Feel free to submit your feature requests below where the product developers will see them.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines