• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't Creative Cloud Files Sync after I installed the latest update?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why won't Creative Cloud Files Sync after I installed the latest update?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  Really hoping to find an answer.  My desktop file syncing is dead.  IOS and web are in sync....but windows PC dead in the water as far as file syncing goes.  This is a brand new issue with this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing - Windows desktop and Laptop are no longer synching.  Desktop keeps creating a new folder without any content, renames old folder to "Creative Cloud Files (unknown)".  Thankfully the old files still exist, but the new folder doesn't work.  The app hangs when trying to "Open Folder", or "View on Web", or contact support.  It's dead.  I've tried signing out from the app on both computers.  I've tried re-installing (uninstalling is not an option).

Please advise,  Manny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please refer to the thread below where the issue has been fixed:

Crash every minute or so after automatic update to 2.1.0.108 - Adobe Core Sync

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Shena,

However, that thread gives instructins for Macs - in on Windows 7 64 bit.

What's the folder for the CoreSync?  I find such folder in c:\Program Files

(x86), but no .db files.

Thanks,

Manny Olmedo

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manny

Here is the link that is references in the forum thread.Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud Core Sync crashes every minute after update

Our engineering team would like to look deeper into this issue. Could you collect the log files for this issue for us to review? Then once you have the logs files. Can you upload the files in a single zip file to your Creative Cloud account and share the link with us here?  Here is a link to show how to upload your files and share them. Creative Cloud Help | Share files and folders  & Online file storage and sharing | Creative Cloud Assets

They log files are located at;

Mac:

The log file can be found here:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CloudSync/CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-f iles.html

Windows:

The log file can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CloudSync\CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Your help is appreciated.

Regards

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the ones I could find. I followed the tip on deleting the *.db

files and that seemed to fix the problem.

The correct path for these files in Windows is:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

There was an update to CreativeCloud and I allowed that. It didn't mess up

anything. Only difference now is that CreativeCloud launches and is

present after boot. I'd like that to just be hidden in the notifications

area. How do I do that? I can't find the checkbox.

Thanks,

Manny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manny,

There is an option in the Creative Cloud preferences that toggles between "Pin to Notification Area" and "Open as Window". That might be what you're looking for.

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all,

There is no need to collect the log files any longer.  If you are experiencing CoreSync errors after installing the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application. Please run the Creative Cloud desktop app uninstaller available at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html.  Then download the updated Creative Cloud desktop app here and install. https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

You can find more details regarding the recent update in the release notes available at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html.

Regards

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines