• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You don’t have permission to modify files in this network location -error when trying to save as to Creative cloud

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a day ago day ago I started getting this error "C:\users\userName\Creative Cloud Files

You don’t have permission to modify files in this network location" As an administrator for access. I have tried the most common fixes that I could find on google, without any success. That includes:

• Taking ownership of folders: C harddrive, "Creative cloud files", "userName" folder, "desktop"
  • Changeing permissions of several programs folders giving full permission to all users.
  • Running the repair of creative cloud.
  • Disabling anti-virus program
  • Giving firewall acess to adobe programs.

The issue seemed to stop when I unplugged the internet-cable. I was then able to save as to the same directory that was causing problems.

Windows 10 recently updated and I began to experience this after the update. I am running Windows 10: Build 1803: version 17134.48.

This is very frustrating.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Hi,

We have released the fix for the issue. It should have been updated automatically on your system. In case the core sync has not updated to version "3.0.3.6" on your machine then please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Creative Cloud Application

2. Sign out from Creative Cloud Application.

3. Sign in again with same or different credentials.

4. Wait for few minutes.

5. Creative Cloud will automatically update itself to latest version.

Kindly let me know if you are still facing any issue aft

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

try signing out from the CC desktop and then rename the "Creative Cloud Files" folder to "Creative Cloud Files.old" .

Sign in again on the CC desktop ,it will create the folder again and sync all the files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It almost looked like it worked for a few minutes and I managed to save someting to the directory but then it started giving me the same error as before and still only writes temporary files. For example: .png.tmp$$.

It seems like the problem only occurs when first trying to write a new file to the folder, it gives me the error message and a 0 kb placeholder file show up, which you can then overwrite without any hassle and it works as usual...

I can confirm that my other computer (which I am also using to access my cloud) started getting the same error after the windows update (or at at least at the same time).

Also the error is not consistent, sometimes it saves, sometimes it gives me the error message and sometimes no error message but only .tmp$$. files.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact same issue.

Have the "Administrators" group take ownership of the Creative Cloud folder and propagating that ownership to all sub-folders did the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I also have this issue.

How exactly did you do that fix?

1. Right click folder
  2. Security,
  3. Advanced
  4. Change Owner
  5. ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem as well, keep getting error messages but the files are loading and syncing.    Seems to still work but quite annoying getting these messages.   I'm on windows.    Has anyone found a permanent solution to correct? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both methods. Neither worked.

Strangely if I copy files from other folders it works fine. When I save from Adobe apps I get the error. It saves the file but with 0kb size so it won't open again.

Even after copying the old CC folder I still cannot save there via Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and what seems to fix it is to turn of Creative Cloud syncing. With it turned off I'm able to save again without issue. Turning it on afterwards also correctly syncs the files. For some reason saving with syncing active removes your permissions to save in the CC folder.

So yeah. Not a solution, but a temporary workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding that I too am having this problem, which began about a week ago, May 17 or 18.

I will try some of the workarounds suggested here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, but the error message comes up when I try to save something new.  Then when I try to save a second time it will let me.  It just started happening for me last week (around the same time as everyone else).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than this error, it sometimes deletes the file which I am saving. I have to pause the syncing and then re-save the file and then it works completely fine. This happens to all the files (3d and other software related) and just not with Photoshop.

I noticed this happened after the recent update of CC but I am not too sure about htis.

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this in all adobe apps too. This permissions problem in the creative cloud folder is sometimes causing a "fatal error" in Adobe Audition when it tries to rename the temp file to an actual file. Just tried saving a Word document to a creative cloud folder too and that also had an issue saving.

This started happening for me last week when working in Dreamweaver but I've since noticed that it is affecting all apps. I'm getting this issue on both my work laptop and home desktop PC - both devices before and after upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 (1803) so I don't think it's related to the Windows update. Saving to the desktop or a folder other than the Creative Cloud folder seems to work ok.

I don't remember when the creative cloud app last updated but it may be related to that...

I hope this information helps narrow down the issue and that it's sorted soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same exact issue and it started about the same time. It would be nice if there was an answer from Adobe on this.

I've also had issues changing printer settings in Adobe Acrobat DC and thought it was just my printer, but now I wonder if it is related to this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also seeing this on a few of our end users computers.One user is seeing it on their company issued computer and also on their personal computer both of which are running windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround that helped me with this issue. Hopefully it will help others: https://windowsreport.com/you-dont-have-permission-save-this-location/

Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this link but its not working for me. I have all the full rights provided to that specific folder and I dont want to download any third party app for troubleshooting.

This problem came without any changes made to any folder and therefore, there is hardly any doubt that source of the problem is somewhere around from CC app.

For now, whats working for me like a charm is to pause the file syncing altogether. Hope Adobe officially answers to this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me either until I did the following:

In step 3 of the link provided, I had to select Deny for all boxes and then deselect all DENY boxes and then select Apply. I did this for all Groups and User Names.

Once I did this, it worked.

Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problem.  Second time works fine by overwriting.  I hope they fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, also started in the last week.

hope they fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get this to be fixed by going to the User/Adobe folder and App data and under properties unclicking read only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Now let's see how long it lasts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how you are getting to these properties. Can you explain in detail? Please and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me once, but then the folders go back to being "read only"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me once aswell. But it wont stay that way. Now we just have to find out how to make it stay unchecked. After some brief googling on this problem it seems to also be connected to the same solution which was to accuire ownership of the folders...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. After a restart, rights are back to read only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines