• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE will not open in Windows 10

New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed, uninstalled, re-installed, ran as administrator, saved to a different folder location, tried downing loading 3.0 instead of 4.5 - basically everything that I have found on forums and chat boards and I cannot get this program to open. There is no error message at all. I double click on the icon. Nothing happens. I right click and click open - nothing happens. I go to the start menu and find the program, click on it. Again, nothing happens. I right click on the shortcut and click "run as administrator" and once again, nothing happens. I have been reading blogs and forums for hours and cannot figure out what is wrong with this thing. This is very frustrating since it appears to be my only avenue to get ebooks from overdrive to my nook (at least that I can find). I also managed (miraculously) to get a live person with Adobe on a chat and he very quickly shut me down and referred me to the forums, which I had already spent hours researching. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Am I just out of luck?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you install only one Verison of Digital Editoin. Sometimes are two version on a system cause this Error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Only one version installed. Tried both 4.5 and 3.0 and either worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:
Closed Digital Edition.

Rename the my Digital Editoin Folder under your Documents in My Digital Edition.old.

Start Digital Edition with right click and run as admin.  Hope it helps by your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on Win7 OS.

I used ADE 4.0 in this PC for several years now, suddenly few weeks ago ADE stopped to launch.

Nothing was changed in the PC except usual windows updates.

Tried to install ADE 4.5, run as administrator, etc. - nothing helps.

Renaming My Digital Edition folder also does not help.

There are some others with the same problem - see Adobe Digital Editions won't launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange o.O sorry but have no other idea....better you check to write directly a staff person. You has Staff under the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue..exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had a look in task manager, it was still running even though i couldn't see it. So I clicked end task, and then tried again and it works. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need to use Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 to download books online (Overdrive & Kobo).    No problems with Win 7, none on my laptop (Win 10), but could not get it to work in new install of Win 10 on my PC.

This version requires .NET 3.5 SP1.  Many programs do, & since ADE 3.0 & 4.5 have been around for awhile, they may also.

So, what I learned over a very long night of fighting with ADE, .NET 3.5, Win 10 & my PC is this:

• if you install ADE 2.0 BEFORE enabling .NET 3.5, it will, in all likelihood, fail.
  • if your installation fails, all subsequent installs will fail, even if you enable the appropriate .NET framework (which you can enable in Windows features).
  • this is because, no matter how you uninstall ADE, you don't get all of it, even if you delete or rename the "My Digital Editions" file, & whatever you don't get corrupts the new installation
  • if you can, restore computer to a point before you installed the ADE.  
  • go into "Windows Features" & enable the .NET framework 3.5 which includes 2.0 & 3.0, which IS the version you need, & which is not enabled by default.  Wait while this downloads & installs, which will take a few minutes.  
  • DO NOT download the installation file from microsoft & try to install it yourself, this will cause more problems & solve nothing
  • you might want to go back into Windows Features & make sure the 3.5 is now enabled.
  • THEN create a new restore point in case something goes belly up again (I named mine "pre ADE")
  • THEN install ADE (if you don't need the newer versions, you might try 2.0, since I got that to work)
  • once installed, the installer should ask you to authorize & then launch, in which case you should be good to go.  If not, you can at least go back to that restore point, check the 3.5 & try a different version of ADE.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines