• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe digital edition does not launch on Windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the most recent executable from your website and installed it on my PC. Nothing seems to happen when I try to launch the program.

I have searched the forum for a solution and can see that this has been an issue for at least 3 years (maybe even 10+ years). I have personally had the issue for at least one year. When I read through the comments, no one has ever been able to resolve this issue. When can we expect to be able to read our ACSM encoded e-books?

I have tried the following as per advice in forum:

• Run the program as Admin (no change)
  • Rename / moving My Digital editions folder (a new folder is created with the name "My Digital editions". the application does not launch)
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the program
  • Deactived my Antivirus program
  • Version 3 is no longer available on your website

My windows spec:

• Edition Windows 10 Pro
  • Version 21H1
  • Installed on ‎26/‎05/‎2021
  • OS build 19043.1645
  • Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0
  • 64bit
TOPICS
ACSM files , Activation , DRM , Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friend, don't waste your time trying to fix the ADE (the problem is more than 10 years old), better install the Bluefire Reader for Windows. With the same Adobe account it can be activated.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the ADE failed again then changing the installation directory again fixed it.
In conclusion: change the installation directory and rename / moving My Digital editions folder (a new folder is created with the name "My Digital editions"). 

Every time the ADE fails repeat the process for example changing the installation directory ever and ever again:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\ade1\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\ade2\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\ade3\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\adeN\
Etc, etc. etc. every time to reinstall a new directory is created in "Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe_System_Incorporate" for example:

rduarte64_0-1693966830583.png

And then works! Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had similar issue, all I could do was find a random old link to edition 4.0 and install that. Seems to work so far, touch wood. Follow these instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me to change the installation directory. See the following link on this same site.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/digital-editions-discussions/digital-editions-wont-launch-microsoft-s...

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ADE failed again. But changing the installation directory again fixed it.
In conclusion: change the installation directory and rename / moving My Digital editions folder (a new folder is created with the name "My Digital editions").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines