• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 stopped working on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.8 suddenly stopped working when I tried to load a second library ebook (it loaded the first). It just sits at the splash screen and says "loading library...." but will NOT open. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling ADE; uninstalling it and installing an older version I still had from two years ago; and even taking Windows back about 10-20 days using a restore point. NOTHING worked!

Please, please help! I am an avid reader and this is how I get my library books. It's very frustrating!

I have searched Google so many times to try to find an answer that works and I can't.

I use Windows 10.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Closed ADE.
Rename the My Digital Edition folder in your Documents Folder. (f. e. OLD)

Then start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, where did you find version 4.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Jay15A7 I have a similar problem.  Have used ADE 3 since time immemorial with only minimal of fuss.  Tried to upgrade to 4.5.11 and whilst download went smoothly, I can not open the wretched programe.  Have tried renaming files and every other sugestion made in this section of the User Forum.  Have tried Adobe EXPERTS who informed me that ADE is not supported (considering that all ePub DMR protected books use this Programme).

I guess that my point is ... did you finally manage to get it working? if so how did you do it.

Any help would be a welcome Christmass present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Steve

Sadly even ADE vs 4 will not open so it looks like ADE vs 3 for the rest of my life. 

Have to say tha Forum contributors are way more helpful than the so called Customer Care at Adobe who do not seem to give a continental re Digital Editions and the seemingly on going isses it has.

This Adobe attitude is also very apparent when a customer requests a ADE count reset ... 

Frank 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I have the same problem. The last time i have used ADE was in August 2020. 

I have bought a new E-book today and ADE doesn`t open. I have tried to uninstall and install. That doesn't work.
Ich have also renamed the file My Digital Edition folder in my Documents Folder, that haven't work.
I kann't open ADE  alone (just the App). I have also tried do open my old and new Books ( open with -> ADE) that doesn't work.

I have Windows 10.

Could someone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install on C:\Program Files\Adobe, no use C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install (ADE_4.5_Installer) in C:\Program Files\Adobe (not C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe). My windows is 64 and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, Adobe ne fonctionne pas avec mon iPad et je ne peux pas choisir la version, car je dois passer par Apple store. Merci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this advice Jaime.  Sadly ADE version 4 still refuses to play ball and whilst it loads OK it does not open.

Never nind, I still can use vs 3 and vs 3 is working fine.

Someday Adobe will fix the bug in vs 4 (here is hoping).

Once again, thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely brilliant, thank you! I was tearing my hair out after trying all the other "solutions" recommended. Your advice worked instantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been trying for more than three months to download ebooks to my kobo.  Previously I had intermittent success with downloading this past year. After taking my Computer laptop and my ereader in to a computer technitian, with no success and back to the library for help with no success, I downloaded ADE Editions 3 and finally it worked!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines