Exit

Adobe Digital Editions iOS - Connection Error Detected

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to open an eBook, I received the error:

Connection Error Detected

Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet.

I am able to open the same eBooks on my computer.

I tried downloading and opening multiple eBooks, and receive the same error on all of them.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the iOS app.

I have verified I am connected to the internet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and tried all of those things. What finally worked was:

Deleted Open Office

Deleted Overdrive

Deleted Digital Editions

Restarted computer

Downloaded Open Office

Downloaded Overdrive

Downloaded Digital Editions and reauthorized

This finally worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with the iOS app on iPad, not on my computer. I am able to open the eBooks on my computer already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry. Try "read on device" instead of using ADE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or will the books open in iBooks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also there is a new app for iPad & iPhone called Libby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have to use the Adobe Digital Editions app in order to read on the iPad since the books are linked to Adobe account, so those solutions will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, if you can't get books to open directly on your iPad, you should be able to transfer them from ADE on your computer by connecting your iPad to your computer. This is how I get books on my Nook reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on iPhone iOS 11.2.  I am able to read on surface tablet, see the book (grayed out, Unknown Author) next to the one that comes with the ADE app.  But get connection error.  Searched other forums without help, obviously re-installed etc but no joy.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here... does Adobe have a way to download DRM PDF files (e.g., checked out of my library) onto ADE running on an iPad?  Sure doesn't look like it!  I'd like to hear a response from them.

Like the original post, I also receive the "Connection Error Detected" error message.

Yes, I am connected to the Internet... that's how ADE got the information from my library. 

Yes, the "fulfillment server" is working... I can follow the same process with ADE on a Windows PC and successfully get the book. 

No, I cannot transfer the book (using methods suggested elsewhere) by opening another application and "Export"; ADE is not one of the applications in the Export list (groan).

No, I cannot transfer the book using iTunes; iTunes transfers Audio Books, not e-books.

Sorry I don't have a solution for this one and I'm beginning to suspect that a solution will not exist until Adobe decides to fix the application and sent out an update.  I guess I'll go back to OverDrive until Adobe gets their act together...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this same issue with OD ACSM files on ios  Adobe Digital Editions. 

Adobe please work with OD to fix this fulfillment issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the ascm file which you want to view in Adobe Digital Editions by using Safari browser. The  use share icon to open the download in Adobe Digital Editions!

Solution is crazy but it works 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines