• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions Not loading *.acsm file

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nook Glowlight BNRV510 have been loaning books from library for years through my laptop. This week when attempting to open library book file *.acsm into Adobe Digital Editions the book does not show up there. Nothing happens!

I have troubleshot everything I can think of: 1. updated current ADE; 2. unauthorized computer in ADE and re-authorized ADE; 3. uninstalled ADE and reinstalled; 4. uninstalled ADE and reinstalled earlier version. I have done all these things multiple times.  I also loaded ADE on my husband’s PC and it responded the same.

When I click "open file" it activates the ADE and appears to be thinking then nothing happens. No error messages so that I can act on it.

I have contacted both my library and Barnes n Noble and they feel ADE is the problem

TOPICS
ACSM files , Download , Nook

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, with some differences. I get error messages that it cannot contact the server sometimes. I have done all that you did, including installing 2 AND 3. I think when Adobe upgraded 4.5 to 4.51 or 4.511 it messed it all up. I have tried to find version 4.5 or 4.510 but I no longer have it on my drive. If you find this, try it and please send me a link or copy. I had no trouble at all ever until this latest update. Adobe will not or cannot help. Their agent only had a link to 4.511.Anybody got 4.5 OR 4.51?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines