• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE, PLEASE MAKE YOUR SOFTWARE ACTUALLY FUNCTIONAL!!!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spend over an hour trying to get a library ePub onto my Kobo through Adobe Digital Editions 4.5. When I went to open the book on my eReader, it kept giving me a DRM error that my device has been previously un-authorized and I would have to re-download the book through ADE. I tried everything. I tried removing and re-adding. I tried de-authorizing and authorizing. I tried deleting all the files and re-downloading from the library. I even tried cancelling my loan and re-borrowing the book.

What was odd was that every time I tried removing and re-downloading the book to ADE, it would still display the old files. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ADE, deleting all files in the process, and those pesky library items STILL refused to go away.

In the end, I downgraded ADE 3.0 (holy cow, Adobe, your page for archived downloads is SKETCHY - I had to override a security notice from my browser warning me against downloading software from your supposedly official website that looked like an HTML nightmare.) After de-activating and re-activating my account on both my computer and Kobo through the older version of ADE, it FINALLY works, and I'm able to read the book I borrowed from the library. Note for anyone having issues with ADE 4.5: go back to 3.0 and it'll save you a major headache.

Now, why am I on here ranting about this? BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO REPORT ISSUES OR CONTACT A HUMAN BEING AT ADOBE BECAUSE THE CONTACT US BUTTON IS BROKEN! Look Adobe, I really want to help by reporting that your software doesn't work so you can FIX it, but I am stuck here complaining to a community bulletin board instead. People shouldn't have to download an outdated version of your software just to make it work. All public libraries require ADE to loan out ePubs - please make sure it actually works.

TOPICS
ACSM files , Activation , ADE authorization , Deauthorization , DRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I'm currently trying to put a book from the library onto a kobo eReader and I haven't even managed to get as far as you. I installed and made an adobe digital editions account a while ago (we got the eReader for my dad for Christmas and we knew we wanted to try the library eventually) but today when I downloaded his book of choice, Digital Editions won't even open. It appears in my taskbar but I can get no further. I tried everything that the forums said with reinstalling and running as administrator and renaming folders and none of it worked. I went to try and download version 3.0 (which I couldn't do on chrome for some reason, had to do it through edge and I also got a warning saying it wasn't secure so that was a red flag) and it told me to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 - did you have to do this too? I tried to read what this framework thing even is but I've been at this for so long it's given me a headache and having to install extra software coupled with the (as you so eloquently put it) HTML nightmare page full of red flags, I bailed. But I'm back here again as it seems 3.0 is the light at the end of the tunnel. So, did you install this framework thing? Considering there is no where for Adobe itself to help me I'll just blindly follow a stranger on the internet. Do I go ahead install this .NET framework thing so I can get 3.0 or do I try 4.5 on a different computer or something??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I did download the .NET framework 🙂 It's a typical package from Microsoft that is necessary for programs to run on your computer. Since ADE 3.0 is outdated, you probably have to download an older version of .NET to make it work, since it's no longer automatically on your computer. If you click "download," it actually takes you to the official Microsoft website, which is decidedly less sketchy than the Adobe one, haha!

Hope it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a direct link for the 3.0 version? I can't remove (and reinstate ) my authorisation in 4.5, get errors for loaned books and bought books ("error! check activation!)

I hate reading on my phone/tablet screen but ADE refuses to coöperate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy link from the blue text of the download and paste it in the new browser.

You will find the 3.0 link below
https://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The link @Vivasvan5CB6 posted is unfortunately the official one. If you're nervous because the page looks like a virus waiting to happen and want to see for yourself, go to the Adobe Digital Editions page, click Downloads, then scroll down a bit to "Download Digital Edition 3.0 here." It's the same site. Hope that helps ease some of the fear of downloading something from a page that looks the way it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines