Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot access eBook on different devices with same Adobe ID

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently trying to access an eBook on two devices. However, on the other device, I cannot access the eBook despite using the device being authorised with same Adobe ID. I see the eBook but it says 'author unknown' and I receive a pop-up clicking on it saying that I cannot access it. I have tried redownloading the eBook but it doesn't work - it says 'Unable to download. Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: W_ADEPT_CORE_WRONG_DEVICE'.

Would appreciate any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to remove the authoirze and authorize new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in remove the authorisation and re-authorise with a different Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As remove and authoirze with the same adobe id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have tried but it didn't work

I erased the authorisation and then authorised with same Adobe ID but it still says 'wrong device'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reinstall ADE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry for the late response! I re-installed on both devices and it didn't work Still can only use on either 1 device (I have to re-download the eBook because it expires after 24 hours).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a little bit crazy. Better you uninstall ADE again, then remove the Authoirze file or registry key and install a older version: Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky, I really appreciate your support so far! I uninstalled ADE but how do I remove the authorise file/registry key before I install an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used the remove of the registry key or the file of the first answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I am not quite sure what that means. What I did so far was uninstall ADE latest version and re-installed an older version but I still can't access the file eBook...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines